Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

TorgHacker

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 am

graethynne wrote:Hi All -

I just noticed that the spell Portent doesn't appear on either spell list (white witch or cyberwitch).

Should it be on one or the other, or both?

Grae

White Witch
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:05 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
graethynne wrote:Hi All -

I just noticed that the spell Portent doesn't appear on either spell list (white witch or cyberwitch).

Should it be on one or the other, or both?

Grae

White Witch

Thank you!

Badger3d

Postby Badger3d » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:29 pm

I assume a White Witch can’t have Miracles, because of the Law of One True Way, even though things like commune with spirts and animals seems highly appropriate. Is there any way someone with the white witch spells could also have Miracles, other then worshiping the cybergod, which seems inappropriate.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Badger3d wrote:I assume a White Witch can’t have Miracles, because of the Law of One True Way, even though things like commune with spirts and animals seems highly appropriate. Is there any way someone with the white witch spells could also have Miracles, other then worshiping the cybergod, which seems inappropriate.

We had previously discussed in one of these threads; White/Cyber Whiches can pick up or otherwise use the CE Neopagan miracles.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 am

Yeah my group had a transformed elf white witch/neo pagan and it was a pretty robust suite of abilities.

mrroderick

Postby mrroderick » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Deanna,

Is there any cyberware with a Tech axion of 25? Or, perhaps a better way to ask... is there anyway for PCs from Tharkold to get Cyberware? I don't think the Recalibrated Cyberware is allowed for a PC with Occultech, and my son is asking for his Sniper.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 pm

mrroderick wrote:Deanna,

Is there any cyberware with a Tech axion of 25? Or, perhaps a better way to ask... is there anyway for PCs from Tharkold to get Cyberware? I don't think the Recalibrated Cyberware is allowed for a PC with Occultech, and my son is asking for his Sniper.

No. There’s going to be cyberware that doesn’t enhance anything that will be Tech 25 (ie a cyberarm with no Strength or Armor bonus). But that’s it.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:43 am

Assuming he gets to Gamma level, your son can take Cosm Adaption and get Cyberwear that way.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:39 am

TorgHacker wrote:

No. There’s going to be cyberware that doesn’t enhance anything that will be Tech 25 (ie a cyberarm with no Strength or Armor bonus). But that’s it.

Maybe what we actually need is Occultech stopgap to keep balance until the Tharkold Sourcebook fills the gap.
(Tharkold just comes next, so we don't have to wait that much if nothing goes wrong...)

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:51 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:

Maybe what we actually need is Occultech stopgap to keep balance until the Tharkold Sourcebook fills the gap.
(Tharkold just comes next, so we don't have to wait that much if nothing goes wrong...)

Just rework some Cyberwear, giving it slightly higher bonuses with the idea that it can't really be concealed. A person with Cyberarms looks (or can look) completely normal. The Occultech version of Cyber-arms might be strong, but it'll look like an over-sized set of arms from a Rock 'em, Sock 'em robot. Bionics by way of Mad Max.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”