Reliquaries

User avatar
Yoric
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 am
Location: The Commune, Free Paris, Cyberpapacy
Contact:

Reliquaries

Postby Yoric » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:05 am

The way I understand them, Reliquaries are not just GodNet data vaults, but they have something very supernatural about them, much in the same way as the Lost Wonders in the Living Land. So it would not necessarily be surprising (to a GM) to see a Reliquary containing long lost data from, say, the Ukhaan or the Egypt that Never Was, despite the fact that Magna Verita never had any contact with either Cosm before the Reality War.

Right?

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Reliquaries

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:51 am

Yoric wrote:The way I understand them, Reliquaries are not just GodNet data vaults, but they have something very supernatural about them, much in the same way as the Lost Wonders in the Living Land. So it would not necessarily be surprising (to a GM) to see a Reliquary containing long lost data from, say, the Ukhaan or the Egypt that Never Was, despite the fact that Magna Verita never had any contact with either Cosm before the Reality War.

Right?


Yup.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

User avatar
Yoric
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 am
Location: The Commune, Free Paris, Cyberpapacy
Contact:

Re: Reliquaries

Postby Yoric » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:31 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Yup.


Thanks :)

GeniusCodeMonkey
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 am

Re: Reliquaries

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Wow! That puts a new light on a few adventure ideas.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Reliquaries

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:10 pm

Also, check out When Cosms Collide...there's something in there related to this... :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 am

Re: Reliquaries

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:10 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Also, check out When Cosms Collide...there's something in there related to this... :-)


If that is out already, I missed an email.

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Reliquaries

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:Also, check out When Cosms Collide...there's something in there related to this... :-)


If that is out already, I missed an email.


Backers should have gotten the PDF
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 am

Re: Reliquaries

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:03 pm

The only thing I have so far from the Cyberpapacy kickstarter is the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook. I'm sure everyone is out for the holiday week. Who do I email on monday?

graethynne
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: Reliquaries

Postby graethynne » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:31 am

Zackzenobi wrote:The only thing I have so far from the Cyberpapacy kickstarter is the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook. I'm sure everyone is out for the holiday week. Who do I email on monday?


When Cosms Collide was part of the Aysle croudfund. Hope that helps,

Grae

User avatar
Yoric
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 am
Location: The Commune, Free Paris, Cyberpapacy
Contact:

Re: Reliquaries

Postby Yoric » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:36 am

TorgHacker wrote:Yup.


I realize that there's no space to turn this into a Law like the Law of Wonders, but I think it would be nice if this was given a little more visibility :) Between Reliquaries and revelation-by-prayer, the Cyberpapacy becomes a very, very, very tempting destination for everyone, in particular the Delphi Council ("Let's find how to beat everyone!") but also Pan-Pacifica (The same, but also "Let's save years of R&D!"), the Nile Empire ("What do you mean, they have archives on the Egypt That Never Was and we don't?"), Victorians ("I dare say someone should find out this book they have on the origins of Horrors, shouldn't they?"), Thrakmoss ("Yesssss.... knowledge from beyond death...."), ...

Hey, if there was space, I'd call Reliquaries + revelation-by-prayer the Law of Revelation :)


Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests