TorgHacker wrote:It's all Ebenuscrux giving 'revelations' to Malraux.
So, let me try and draw the thread:
- Malraux is now the sole inventor-by-revelation in the entire Realm...
- ...and he thinks that this comes from God
- ...except in Magna Verita/Cyberpapacy/GodNet, God is broken and it's in fact Ebenescrux doing the revelations
- ...except it's in fact the Techquisition stealing inventions from invaded and/or infiltrated Cosms
- ...except for AIs that can just be prayed into existence, at least from existing templates
- ...I wonder if revelations work better in the Living Land and its higher Spiritual Axiom. At a guess, they very well might.
- Since Ebenescrux enjoys inventing (is addicted to inventing?), this probably means that a primary criterium for picking Crusades is the technology of the place
- ...which keeps the Techquisition quite busy looking for technology and bringing it back to Ebenescrux
- ...which also keeps Ebenescrux quite busy digesting and regurgitating said technologies into something usable within the Cyberpapacy, partially explaining why it doesn't have full/permanent control on the GodNet
- ...which also keeps Malraux quite busy having revelations and dispatching them to the various Societies of the Church
- ...which also might help explain why Ebenescrux + Malraux haven't been as fine politicians during the Invasion as they had been when taking over the Church.
- This also means that Malraux has dispatched thousands of Techquisition spies all around Core Earth, Tharkold, Pan-Pacifica, possibly even Nile Empire (which actually understands science better than the Cyberpapacy) and Living Land (to dismantle and bring back Lost Wonders)
- ...except of course Malraux doesn't fully understand the purpose of the Techquisition and the fact that God is broken
- ...so Ebenescrux certainly has plans to keep Malraux focused on something else and an alternative explanation on what the Techquisition is for
- ...so while Pan-Pacifica, Tharkold and Core Earth are probably busy spying on the Cyberpapacy and trying to reverse-engineer inventions, the Techquisition is busy spying on them
- ...and quite possibly busy spying upon whatever the reverse-engineers come up with
- ...if Ebenescrux is not itself sponsoring the reverse-engineering because it needs people who actually understand the technology before it can process and invent it
- ...but without the Techquisition (or worse, the Inquisition) knowing that said researchers/technologists actually work for Ebenescrux because if the news reached the Council of the Way, either the Council, Ebenescrux or Malraux would not survive the confrontation
Do I get it right so far? Or can Ebenescrux actually invent things itself?
If I'm right (or mostly right) so far, the Cyberpapacy is even more self-destructive than I thought. Probably much more so than any of the Cosms described so far (although I would guess that Tharkold, Pan-Pacifica and Orrorsh are pretty self-destructive themselves). That works very well with the totalitarian regime but... oh gosh. This Cyberpapacy is a worse place to live than cyberpunk in pretty much every single way