Reliquaries

fougerec

Re: Reliquaries

Postby fougerec » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:58 am

Yoric wrote:And everybody else is described as "The Church Police", "The Inquisition", "The Techquisition." So, the way I understand it, which may be entirely wrong, is... everybody else is kinda faceless?

Take the Church Police, change a stat or two and name them. Unless you're looking for a book of nothing but named NPCs (which don't get me wrong I would totally buy) then there's more than enough material to work with in terms of Threats. NPCs are only faceless if the GM makes them that way.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:11 pm

Well the simple answer is that if the characters work for the Delphi Council, they get a mission in the Cyberpapacy and BAM there's all the reason you need! :D

Now that's somewhat facetious but I wager for 75% of groups that's probably all you really need. But I think one of the main things is reminding people About Core Earth - the longer people are connected to the GodNet and being exposed to Cyberpapal propaganda the less enticing going back to the "dark ages" of Core Earth may seem. The ability of Storm Knights to perform glorious deeds to refill possibility energy isn't just to prep for removing stelae. The battle in Cyberpapacy is more about hearts and minds than in pretty much any other realm. So there are plenty of reasons to have facemen and fixers working on the DC's behalf in CyberFrance.

Also asset extraction - once an agents cover is blown they'll need to be rescued before they can be mindwiped or worse. It's an issue in all of the realms (especially PP and NE) but could be even more pressing in Cyberpapacy. The bureaucracy is slow and inefficient but once it's activated it's a juggernaut which kind of automatically puts a nice time limit on things. Though there is always the possibility of trying again if someone has been ghosted into the GodNet and retrieving their soul even if the first mission fails.

But right now we are also without the mega-adventure and delphi missions so those are usually good to give some more ideas.

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:27 pm

fougerec wrote:
Yoric wrote:And everybody else is described as "The Church Police", "The Inquisition", "The Techquisition." So, the way I understand it, which may be entirely wrong, is... everybody else is kinda faceless?

Take the Church Police, change a stat or two and name them. Unless you're looking for a book of nothing but named NPCs (which don't get me wrong I would totally buy) then there's more than enough material to work with in terms of Threats. NPCs are only faceless if the GM makes them that way.

Sounds like a great Infiniverse product. “Faces of Reality” or whatever.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”