Relics of Power Acts 1-5

TorgHacker

Relics of Power Acts 1-5

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:12 pm

This thread is for discussing Relics of Power Acts 1-5. SPOILERS SHOULD BE EXPECTED.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Re: Relics of Power Acts 1-5

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:20 pm

I figure that we're far enough along this adventure that GMs probably should know roughly what's going to happen in Acts 6 and 7.

So here's the rough synopsis (Brian Reeves is writing Act 6, I'm writing Act 7).

► Show Spoiler
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Hey Deanna,

Apologies if I have simply forgotten, but will there be a feedback link for RoP? If not is there any way we can be of assistance beyond discussions in this thread?

Also - thanks! Between this and the other files that dropped today, I will barely have time to finish prepping my session for tonight!

Grae

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:35 pm

graethynne wrote:Hey Deanna,

Apologies if I have simply forgotten, but will there be a feedback link for RoP? If not is there any way we can be of assistance beyond discussions in this thread?

Also - thanks! Between this and the other files that dropped today, I will barely have time to finish prepping my session for tonight!

Grae

I think we're going to wait until everything is compiled together after Acts 6 and 7 are done, because the page numbers are likely to change.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Cool - so I can take notes now, and then once the last two acts are in are in "public" draft, feedback then.

Grae

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:25 pm

graethynne wrote:Cool - so I can take notes now, and then once the last two acts are in are in "public" draft, feedback then.

Grae

Yup!
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Drafit

Postby Drafit » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:33 pm

► Show Spoiler

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Drafit wrote:
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
Glitchfinder General

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:04 pm

I just finished reading through ROP as quickly as possible (warning: may have missed things!) so I could see where the adventure went, and I absolutely love where it went. The three locations are all so unique and interesting, with such different approaches!

The complex interaction between Lady Amy, Hrimscala, and the PCs is a really cool twist/wrinkle that turns a straightforward "get the thing, do the thing" run into an actual story, with important decisions and repercussions. The "game show" angle in Tharkold, followed by an unstoppable psychic horror, is pretty much perfect for highlighting the setting -- and the surprise clanker is a great touch. (Though I'm confused by whether it explodes if you let it wander on to St. Petersburg; it should, right?) And then the idea of having one cradle get sucked into the GodNet is the sort of thing that I expect zero players to predict happening, yet every player to say, "Oh dang, we should've seen this coming!" I also like how and why the guardian there is so angry; it feels believable.

This is going to be my "big adventure" for my players, and I'm even more happy with that decision now. Looking forwards to parts 6&7!
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm

pkitty wrote:I just finished reading through ROP as quickly as possible (warning: may have missed things!) so I could see where the adventure went, and I absolutely love where it went. The three locations are all so unique and interesting, with such different approaches!

The complex interaction between Lady Amy, Hrimscala, and the PCs is a really cool twist/wrinkle that turns a straightforward "get the thing, do the thing" run into an actual story, with important decisions and repercussions. The "game show" angle in Tharkold, followed by an unstoppable psychic horror, is pretty much perfect for highlighting the setting -- and the surprise clanker is a great touch. (Though I'm confused by whether it explodes if you let it wander on to St. Petersburg; it should, right?) And then the idea of having one cradle get sucked into the GodNet is the sort of thing that I expect zero players to predict happening, yet every player to say, "Oh dang, we should've seen this coming!" I also like how and why the guardian there is so angry; it feels believable.

This is going to be my "big adventure" for my players, and I'm even more happy with that decision now. Looking forwards to parts 6&7!

<Dancing Banana> :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”