Relics of Power Acts 1-5

Kanaris

Re: Relics of Power Acts 1-5

Postby Kanaris » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 pm

pkitty wrote:I just finished reading through ROP as quickly as possible (warning: may have missed things!) so I could see where the adventure went, and I absolutely love where it went. The three locations are all so unique and interesting, with such different approaches!

The complex interaction between Lady Amy, Hrimscala, and the PCs is a really cool twist/wrinkle that turns a straightforward "get the thing, do the thing" run into an actual story, with important decisions and repercussions. The "game show" angle in Tharkold, followed by an unstoppable psychic horror, is pretty much perfect for highlighting the setting -- and the surprise clanker is a great touch. (Though I'm confused by whether it explodes if you let it wander on to St. Petersburg; it should, right?) And then the idea of having one cradle get sucked into the GodNet is the sort of thing that I expect zero players to predict happening, yet every player to say, "Oh dang, we should've seen this coming!" I also like how and why the guardian there is so angry; it feels believable.

This is going to be my "big adventure" for my players, and I'm even more happy with that decision now. Looking forwards to parts 6&7!

I agree entirely - the three cradle acts manage to highlight features of each of the realms while being interesting and innovative in their stories. I also love the nod to the original adventures. This is definitely the backbone adventure I want to build our campaign around, starting with Burden of Glory. Deanna's preview of what is to come sounds fantastic - I can't wait to see what Orrorshan Akasha looks like (it's too bad Illithids are proprietary, because they would be awesome as biotech transhumans seduced by the Gaunt Man)! Congratulations to the writing team :D

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:57 pm

pkitty wrote:Though I'm confused by whether it explodes if you let it wander on to St. Petersburg; it should, right?

In my mind, it would. I'm not sure officially. But that could be a question asked to groups. Also, there is about 1050km/650 miles for it to travel. A lot of things could happen in that journey.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:32 pm

ZorValachan wrote:
pkitty wrote:Though I'm confused by whether it explodes if you let it wander on to St. Petersburg; it should, right?

In my mind, it would. I'm not sure officially. But that could be a question asked to groups. Also, there is about 1050km/650 miles for it to travel. A lot of things could happen in that journey.

I actually changed that for a few reasons (see the Aftermath of Act 4), but the biggest one is that I didn't want the dramatic question to be whether/how to stop a nuke dealing with St. Petersburg. That's a bit bigger scale than a subplot.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:58 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
ZorValachan wrote:

I actually changed that for a few reasons (see the Aftermath of Act 4), but the biggest one is that I didn't want the dramatic question to be whether/how to stop a nuke dealing with St. Petersburg. That's a bit bigger scale than a subplot.

I read that... I remember reading that.. i have no idea why that information did not stay in my head :P
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”