Heroes of the Possibility Wars Vol 1

graethynne

Heroes of the Possibility Wars Vol 1

Postby graethynne » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Wow!

When this product was announced I was super excited. And then it was clarified as to what it would contain and that tamped my excitement a little bit. But I trust you guys, so I wasn't pessimistic or anything just less excited. Now that I am looking at it, I must have misunderstood the clarification cause it does what I was excited about in the first place and more!!

I am always amazed at how much great stuff you cram into not very many pages. The different clearance levels show progression in a fun way. The back stories are rich, and really nice to have for these characters that we have seen, and seen quoted for years, but don't know a ton about. Stats for division heads and others helps to make them feel more real. Burt where this book really sings for me is the connections, some are obvious like Leena and Reyas, but others offer up so much narrative fodder in so few words. Well done!!!

Also, and I'm sure there will be more of this over time...this book codifies the first hard contradiction with game. In my Tharkold Day 1 the whole unit eventually bugged out, not trusting the direction Volkov seemed to be taking things. Now I have to decide if Oversight returned to Russia as a double agent or stays out in the cold with his squad....interesting options either way....

A couple of quick questions - Perks printed here supersede prior versions? I only skimmed them but it looked like there were some tweaks. If so, what a great vector for updating prior material. And consolidated in the back, all in one place. Thank you!

Does Gamma Leena have 2 pets? I think that's just a typo (for a couple of reasons) but figured I would check.

Thomas Cane ....who is very cool by the way, has something called Bulwark armor +4/ What is this/where is from? Sorry if I am spacing something I should know (or if it is more of his special technology *chuckle* yay!)

For Lady Ardinay, HotPWV1 says she was freed before the invasion, and the Core Book makes it seem like it was after the invasion started. Not a huge difference since she was still on Aysle regardless, but figured I'd ask which way to err?

Grae

pkitty

Re: Heroes of the Possibility Wars Vol 1

Postby pkitty » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:03 pm

Which perks changed?

I also spotted two new perks: Biotech Tolerance and Dino Hunter. The former doesn't really make any sense . . . yet. And the latter is really niche IMO but I could definitely see someone taking it if it fit the character. Did I miss any?
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 pm

It looked lime famous had been reworded, and I thought I saw one or two more, but might have been my imagination. I was skimming pretty quickly (need to write a session today for Sunday).

G

Eightybrains

Postby Eightybrains » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:58 pm

I really like this one as well. Having stats for Quinn Sebastian and Lady Ardinay will be really helpful if, say, my heroes have to fight along side them during an assassination attempt or something. Some of the character information was really fascinating, like Thomas Crane's backstory and the real relationship between Rose and Tworek ( :D ). I do have a question if we have a random encounter with any wandering devs: Tolwyn definitely had better stats when the heroes had to fight her during Revenge of the Carredon. Is there a specific reason for that?
I’m just here ‘cause it’s my Special Interest

darrell

Postby darrell » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:22 pm

BTW If anyone could confirm if this is a proof copy or the finished product I'd be happy. Oh yes, and, should it have a cover?

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Eightybrains wrote:I really like this one as well. Having stats for Quinn Sebastian and Lady Ardinay will be really helpful if, say, my heroes have to fight along side them during an assassination attempt or something. Some of the character information was really fascinating, like Thomas Crane's backstory and the real relationship between Rose and Tworek ( :D ). I do have a question if we have a random encounter with any wandering devs: Tolwyn definitely had better stats when the heroes had to fight her during Revenge of the Carredon. Is there a specific reason for that?

► Show Spoiler

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:00 pm

graethynne wrote:
A couple of quick questions - Perks printed here supersede prior versions? I only skimmed them but it looked like there were some tweaks. If so, what a great vector for updating prior material. And consolidated in the back, all in one place. Thank you!

The general gist is that everything can be revised easily until it's printed.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:01 pm

darrell wrote:BTW If anyone could confirm if this is a proof copy or the finished product I'd be happy. Oh yes, and, should it have a cover?

I don't know TBH, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the finished product. Especially if it doesn't have a cover yet.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Here Comes The Flood

Postby Here Comes The Flood » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Yay, Torg Eternity's Monster Manual has finally been released! :)
“When the night shows, the signals grow on radios
All the strange things, they come and go, as early warnings…”

Badger3d

Postby Badger3d » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Rama Tut Beta and Gamma has the Uncanny Dodge perk, but his Dexterity is only 7. Uncanny Dodge prereq is Dexterity of 10+.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”