Stretch goals

Stormchild

Stretch goals

Postby Stormchild » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:33 pm

As stretch goals for the Kickstarter campaign I would love to see Solo Adventures (maybe 1 per realm as individual stretch goals) that start with the beginning of the invasion and can be used as background material for a group campaign. This could also include some template characters for the relevant realm
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

dev/null

Re: Stretch goals

Postby dev/null » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:30 am

If I'm understanding this:

It would be a way to run individuals (or potentially small group of pre-invasion friends) from day 0 to a point and place where they can meet up with the rest of the party they are going to be playing with?

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Not what I meant.

Take any Torg template, they all have individual background stories printed on the character sheet. What I wanted to say is give the players the chance to play this background story in a solo adventure (more elaborate than "the lizard and the lightning" from the Torg Rulebook.

Take the Living Land f.i. You start the solo game with choosing from a number of Core Earth templates each with its own introductory chapter. After soloing (did I just create a new word?) some pages you are in Manhattan and Baruk Kaah's invasion starts. Now the story is the same for all templates but it depends on your choices (best solos have different ways to win and different ways to lose).

After soloing you have a charcter with a history, an idea of how the living land feels and some places you visited (and which could be elaborated on in a different GM section of the Solo book) that you can use later on as a GM.

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:38 pm

On second thought, what you stated could also be incorporated. With the Delphi Council acting as the Storm Knights' nanny ... sorry liaison of course... the solo adventure could incorporate a meeting with a DC represantative. So, when your first group adventure starts, DC has got your name and number and they can easily summon you to a meeting any place on earth, wherever your GM wants the game to start. Of course, this should not be the default way to start a campaign but it is a better reason to form a party than the usual "you meet in a tavern".

dev/null

Postby dev/null » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:47 pm

My thoughts/understanding would not necessarily have the DC being your nanny (or liaison), though you would likely run into them, at some point down the line. After which point it would become much easier to get the players to said tavern, be it a tavern, or a rendezvous point at the start of a mission.

It lets you do things to develop a character with smaller groups from the start of the invasion, based on what reality they are from, or were affected by during the invasion. And when they come together, there is something solid the characters can refer to for their backstory (which I think fits with what you were intending). But it also means that doing it in separate groups, you don't have the potential problem of meta knowledge seeping in.

And my other 1-2 points escape me now. I'll come back to them in a later post if I recall them.

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 pm

I exaggerated a bit with calling DC a nanny. Of course they will be something like a fixer in Shadowrun. Every character has his own way to deal with fixers, some see them as good friends other as a necessary evil.

blackwind1kaze

Postby blackwind1kaze » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Stormchild wrote:...

After soloing (did I just create a new word?)

Nope, already in existance because of Han Solo lol.
I don't always GM, but when i do, I go out in style :ugeek:

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:07 pm

blackwind1kaze wrote:

Just remember, when soloing, you have to shoot first... :twisted:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

dev/null

Postby dev/null » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:46 am

Rabbitball wrote:
blackwind1kaze wrote:

This is fact.

Unless you're soloing junior

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:55 am

dev/null wrote:
Rabbitball wrote:
blackwind1kaze wrote:Nope, already in existance because of Han Solo lol.

This is fact.

Unless you're soloing junior

I love soloing.
I know!

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”