Knights of the Hart

ZorValachan

Knights of the Hart

Postby ZorValachan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Here is the ongoing story of my latest Storm Knight group:

https://torg-3.obsidianportal.com/

It's on Obsidian Portal.

Background: This is an ongoing TORG campaign I've done since 1993. All the "Knights of the Circle" were PCs at one point, some for 1 adventure, some for 20+ years. The Knights of the Hart and Shuriken's Group were made when I split XP from possibilities and have recently converted them over to Torg Eternity to see how that goes. I have "retired" the other groups as my (and TE) XP/Possibility split throws them out of wack. So far the vocal players love TE, the non-vocal players see it as TORG and I am wondering if the 'ease' of TE outweighs a lot of the cool things I loved about OT and am thinking about a Hybrid system. But anyway it is TORG!

Differences: There are obvious differences in my campaign and both OT and TE. Azteca came to fruition and has expanded down to Belize. Kaah was able to join the West and Eastern Lands. He also invaded central Africa, but Mobius took issue with it and reality bombed it. This made the Lost Land (my replacement for the Land Below). The High Lords know about the 1990s failed Possibility Wars. They have used Storm Knights "Matrix-style" to see how Storm Knights would react in different scenarios. Almost half of the Circle has been released from this VX (It's a way I updated the time and dealt with some retcons, along with having the time only about 5 months into the Reality Wars). Pan-Pacifica saw Nippon Tech take over Sacramento and Tharkold take over L.A. Kanawa decided he liked this and as a middle finger to Kranod did the same, but in LA. 2 zones are now a mixed LL/PP zone. Tharkold was much more successful by not directly invading Russia and by invading former USSR countries and iron curtain countries. For a while it was thought that the Russians were taking advantage of the invasions to take back land. I do allow for triple mixed-zone (1 stela for each realm). Tharkold and Cyberpapacy shot the incoming Akashans out of the sky. Only about 30 members of the Star Sphere survived. The ship crashed on the Nazca Hummingbird. Terrans do exist, but they were also only a handful of Mystery Men and allies, who came for Dr. Mobius. They have no way back and no more Terrans can come to Earth.

I always required templates to be used (with minor tweaks allowed), The template and current realm is for the character is listed.

All art except the TORG/Campaign logo are my own creations using Poser/Daz Studio.

It's a work in progress. I have all the PCs and Direct Allies done. I hopefully soon will be moving on to High Lords and other notable NPCs.

Hope you enjoy!
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Gargoyle

Re: Knights of the Hart

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:30 am

That stalenger! lol

Well done, I love to see invasions customized to suit the needs of the campaign, and I can only imagine what kind of craziness you've had at your table since 1993. Would love to have a long running campaign someday.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:27 am

Yes,

Shuriken came about when looking through the templates and seeing the Core Earth stalenger. I thought to myself that that was worse than the normal stalanger, at least he had miracles. That led to thinking that a decker or mage stalenger would actually be cool and competent. Was talking to a past player about it and he thought up the whole martial artist angle. I slowly introduced the character through rumor and notes. "Shuriken". For a while the group thought Shuriken = Sing (Sing meaning "star" in Chinese). The old player was able to join the group and actually played Sing for a while, so when Shuriken came flying out, spinning like a huge throwing star, it was quite a surprise to the group!.

That player's old character was Wrench, listed under Knights of the Road. Realm Runner who never took any combat skills/dodge (except heavy weapons for vehicle mounted stuff). But could find/drive anything. He would show up to transport the party in school buses, WWII era planes, and all types of half-falling apart vehicles. His Trademark vehicle was an old Grumann Goose, who people would fly one 1x then buy a parachute for any other ride. DSRs seemed to happen frequently on that plane :) The group finally figured out why. Discount parts from the NIle!
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:41 pm

So, after taking out the stelae off the California coast (detailed elsewhere), the group learned information about the "Horn of Dungar". Haldor had earlier (1st session under OT rules) been called "Dungar" by church police and this piqued the party's curiosity. The horn was rumored to be from Nyksund, Norway, North of Myre, in an Aysle dominant zone. This is where Haldor is from... coincidence? (he had also played a Quest card, so this adventure is his quest)

Upon arriving by boat in Myre, the early October weather, made the group realize they were ill prepared for the cold. While searching around town in early evening (but dark had set) the party set off a magical trap and were teleported to a secret raider lair (cosm card was played). They swiftly defeated the group in the lair and found an armlet of protection (magic item cosm card) and figured out how to get out of the lair. They were having a hard time finding a provisioner (failed streetwise), but a connection card got winter clothes and torches. With raids and the invasion, half the population of the town had either died or fled (1000 down from 2000). So the connection told them to use some empty houses as a place to stay. The walk to Nyksund would be about 4 hours, so they decided to stay for the night in 3 separate cottages.

In the middle of the night, they were awakened by the sounds of metal clanking and loud footsteps. An invading force had been sent by a captain of Uthorian to "shake down" Myre for food/supplies/slaves. The knights (John Smith missed the session, so they were at 6 characters - Shuriken (Electric Samurai Stalenger), Itzcoatl (Azteca Priest-Mage who was testing out new Azteca rules I'll submit to the Infiniverse Exchange), Shaderact (cyberpapal spy), Haldor (Aysle Barbarian), Andromache (Nile amazon- pulp Str and melee weapons), and Pr. Paul (Nile weird scientist force-field and electro-ray) fought 32 invaders (outnumbered 5-to-1): 18 thugs, 4 devils, 4 priestess, 3 infiltrators, 1 venom drake, 1 sergeant (possibility-rated), and 1 captain (possibility-rated). they were spread in a marching line on a road.

The party hit the first group of thugs led by the enforcer and worked their way down the road. The spies flanked and hit the ranged knights (Shaderact and Prof.) with shadowstep. The devils hit Andromache and Haldor, while Shuriken was flying all over hitting multiple thugs each turn (whirlwind perk). Itzcoatl buffed Dex and Str then started fireballing the priestesses as they were calling lightning down upon Andromache, Haldor, Shaderact, and Itzcoatl. To make things tougher, I had the devils spray black chaos blood when they got wounds and a willpower/Spirit DN 10 had to be done to prevent a Very-Stymie +2 shock. Haldor got wounded and went berzerk. Prof. Paul disconnected as he declared he didn't care if Shuriken was in melee, he was firing anyway.

Thugs taken out and a great roll by Shuriken takes out 2 of the priestesses. I believe Itzcoatl took the other out. The last was harder and took a while to pin down. The captain got to melee and was taking about 2 shock a round (never was wounded), and spend a possibility to soak, and another to hit Shaderact HARD. She soaked with a Possibility and a hero. Was a rough fight, no wounds beyond Haldor's 1, but most were down shock and lots of Possibilities to soak damage. With the captain finally taken out and no one else there, the last 2 devils poofed out.

Myre was saved! now onward to Nyksund and hopefully to find the Horn of Dungar!

As a GM, it felt like a good mix of mooks and tougher opponents. Everyone had their own moment to shine, even the Prof. once he reconnected. there was one hero UP round where Shuriken rolled a 2, but then a 19 for comeback and Itzcoatl and The Prof, rolled 30+. There was a 1BD that rolled 13. Also the ability to show Google maps + street view for scenery is a great addition. Much better than the atlases of the 90s and early 2000s
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 am

Last Session was one of those where one player/character shone bright.

Andromache the amazon.

The party went to a cairn in Norway (dominant Aysle) and were exploring for the "Horn of Dungar"
They encountered some zombies and took them out quickly. Moved further and set off a magic circle that attracted two viking ghosts. They were etherial, so could only be hurt by magic/psi/miracles. Cyberpapal spy failed to use ward enemy. Aztec mage-priest used his magic club to kill one. Amazon went for an intimidate, "See the weakly manly-man, least of our warriors smote your companion, run or face the same. She got a Player's Call and it fled through the wall.

A couple rooms further, they encounter a frozen viking ghul and accidently free it. Martial artist fails to connect, and amazon rolls a 39. Spends Hero card 15, then a 9 (10) on a Drama. Glory and Law of Enchantment. She hits the viking in the heart and its soul goes into the blade, allowing it to hit etherial things.

Later, fighting a undead viking runemaster with Possibility Rend. it survives a fireball and then rips a Possibility from the aztecan mage-priest. Amazon attacks and rolls a Good success. rolls a 2 on the BD and decides to use her Coup de Grace for an additional BD. rolls a 6 (5), 6 (5), 6 (5), 5 for 22 extra damage, adds that to her 15 sword damage and gets a 37 damage! utterly destroys the runemaster.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 am

The heroes met and fought the undead viking chief. He was a crazy tough opponent. He threw an axe against the professor, doing 3 w, 6 Shock. But the Prof's force field belt took the damage. The party did a little shock (he had a toughness of 20). He then hit the barbarian for 5 w 10 shock. The soak roll wasn't good enough and he dropped. The test gave a temp injury. Itzcoatl healed him 2 w. Shuriken set off a trap ( that he had played), and a 9 was rolled on the BD. Spent 2 Pos to get rid of damage. The viking chief spent his pos on soak and attacks until he ran out. Finally he was taken out by shock, having taken only 1 w in the whole fight.
The party then learned the barbarian was his decendent and that another group pretending to be the barbarian took the horn. They pieced clues together and figured out cyberpapal agents had taken it. Next stop Cyberpapacy.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:58 am

Started a version of the God Box, set in the Paraverse, so there will be some differences.

Itzcoatl was killed last adventure and replaced by Rex, a Tharkold Psi-borg. The player of John Smith kinda dropped out, so our new player made a Nile Martial artist. They are just under Beta, with 45XP.

A few shock taken in a plane crash, they tromp through the jungle and get surrounded by about 20 2nd planting gospog.

With the new roll20 character sheets, DN are needed, so this is the first time I've done full transparancy. I know many others disagree, but it i am still not sold on the idea.

So they laugh at the stat block and proceed to take out 10 in the first round. The weird scientist disconnects. some 2 shock hits and a fatigue take out the amazon. A setback doing 2 shock takes out the CP spy, Martial artist, and stalenger. Leaves the barbarian, psi-borg and still disconnected scientist. Down to the last gospog and the barbarian swings and disconnects. Psi-borg takes it out, with 1 shock remaining. Closest to party wipe ive had in Torg, old or Eternity.

Used the new LL possibilities and drama deck. Very fun and added to the excitement.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Have been doing a modified God Box. To not give anything away, ill just state that the party was surprised, so villains went first. The priest went to invoke a miracle and disconnected. That surprise turned into a 2 round fight as the tharkold psychic confused 5 of them and the rest if the party took out 3 apiece.

Last session the group used intimidate instead of persuation to get refugees to follow them along with a well placed Dino Attack! "Come with us or you'll get eaten'!"
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TORG)”