JohnK's Friday Night Torg Eternity Campaign

JohnK

JohnK's Friday Night Torg Eternity Campaign

Postby JohnK » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Hullo, folks,

Well, I launched my Friday night campaign of Torg Eternity with the players this past Friday night. I won't be posting up the blog entries here, as they are very long, but thought that I'd keep folks apprised of what's going on with the game and the various player characters.

The Friday group consists of five players, and they've got the following characters in play, set in the Living Land.

KathyB - She decided that she didn't want to go with one of the game archetypes, and opted to play Melanie Franconi, a cat burglar and thief who got caught by a cop doing her dirty work just when the Maelstrom bridge crashed down in New York. She's dexterous and spunky.

Angela - She looked over the archetypes and decided that she wanted to play a courier in New York caught during the Maelstrom bridge drop on one of her drops. Angela created Wendy Saltman, a Jewish girl with some religious belief who knows what she's looking for in life. Well, did...before the start of the Possibility Wars!

Ellie - She looked over the various character archetypes, and decided that there wasn't one that she really liked. She settled on Sandra Mitchell, a librarian from the Bronx who also dabbled with magic with some friends of hers. Now, there seems to be a way of being what she always wanted!

Mark - Looking over the archetypes, Mark was enamoured with the Realm Runner, and that's what he created. Lucas Wells is a businessman with a survivalist hobby who was travelling back into central NYC when the Maelstrom bridge dropped.

Peter Johnson - The newest player to the group, brought in by Mark, who's still not sure about this "gaming thing". He liked the basic premise of the game, and is playing Andrew Quilling, a baseball player who has been transformed to a Living Land native. He's not very bright any more, but likes swinging his baseball bat at enemies.

The group has a really interesting set of player characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the group develops and how they handle the TE Possibility Wars. In the meantime, here's the link to the first game session. Needless to say, spoilers are ahead there.

Friday Night Torg Eternity Game, Session 2

Thoughts and comments are more than welcome. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Spatula

Re: JohnK's Friday Night Torg Eternity Campaign

Postby Spatula » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Sounds like everyone had a fun time! Do you plan on bringing the characters together somehow? Or are you just going to skip ahead a bit?

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Hullo, Spatula,

Spatula wrote:Sounds like everyone had a fun time! Do you plan on bringing the characters together somehow? Or are you just going to skip ahead a bit?

Yep, the players had a terrific time, especially the new guy! :)

Yes, I do plan on bringing the player characters together...somehow. :) They had told me during character generation that they'd wanted to do things separately for the first session of play, and have left it up to me how to bring them all together. Should be...fun, to say the least. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Hullo, folks,

Had to skip a week due to two of the players being unavailable, but here's the link to the game session from last Friday night.

Friday Night Torg Eternity Game, Session 3

As always, thoughts and comments are always welcome. :)
=====

JohnK

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Hullo, folks,

Oops, forgot to post up last Friday night's game session. Lots of stuff was on the plate last week, so it's a bit late.

Friday Night Torg Eternity Game, Session 4

As usual, thoughts and comments are always welcome. :)
=====

JohnK

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 am

Nice finish to the LL Day One adventure! What do you plan to do next?

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Hullo, Spatula,

Spatula wrote:Nice finish to the LL Day One adventure!

Yeah, that was a fun wrap-up for the adventure. The players enjoyed themselves, as you may have noticed from the final bit of text that I write after the session notes. :)

Spatula wrote:What do you plan to do next?

Next up will be Dave Chart's adventure for Day 2, the Road to Philly. They don't want me to skip ahead too much yet, so figure it's a good one to run.

Btw, question for you (and anyone else reading these posts)... Would you prefer me to post the actual write-up of the game sessions here in this thread (long though they may be) or are you content to go to the blog link?
=====

JohnK

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Hullo, folks,

Well, I'm a week late with the 5th session notes from July 6th's game, and have also got the game notes from the session last night (July 13th). It has been a hectic week, to say the least, but better late than never.

Friday Night Torg Eternity Game, Session 5

Friday Night Torg Eternity Game, Session 6

Hope everyone's enjoying these game session notes. As usual, thoughts and comments are more than welcome. :)
=====

JohnK

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 pm

They're really getting into taking care of the NPCs. That's always gratifying to see, seems like you have a good bunch of roleplayers!

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Hullo, Spatula,

Spatula wrote:They're really getting into taking care of the NPCs. That's always gratifying to see, seems like you have a good bunch of roleplayers!

The Friday night gamers (in the group's many incarnations) have always been good roleplayers, but they've been exceptional about taking care of and interacting with the NPCs in Torg Eternity so far. For that reason, it's taken them longer to get through some of the Acts because the roleplaying is there in the forefront. (Hence my questions about the Advancement system elsewhere, in part.) They've been avoiding playing certain LL Cosm cards (like Dino Attack!) because of their caring for their "charges" and not wanting them, for example, trampled by a dinosaur.

Btw, have you been reading the Sunday afternoon game session ones as well (the one in the Cyberpapacy)?

I've also got the Wednesday night group playing in Aysle, but they play once per month, so when they play their second session tomorrow night, I'll be starting a new thread about that game. :)
=====

JohnK

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TORG)”