Wrong cards in Aysle

Kuildeous

Wrong cards in Aysle

Postby Kuildeous » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:43 am

Man, after running some Aysle adventures and watching players be disappointed with cosm cards that only apply in a courtly setting, I run them through a court setting, and the players don't draw the courtly cards. D'oh!

Although when that Trap goes off, it's going to be epic.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Gargoyle

Re: Wrong cards in Aysle

Postby Gargoyle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:04 am

Stack the cosm card deck next time. In the past I've taken out cosm cards that I knew wouldn't be applicable, or if I knew I didn't want a Dinosaur attacking in the middle of the scene. Normally I don't do this, but sometimes I feel it's appropriate.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:26 am

Gargoyle wrote:Stack the cosm card deck next time. In the past I've taken out cosm cards that I knew wouldn't be applicable, or if I knew I didn't want a Dinosaur attacking in the middle of the scene. Normally I don't do this, but sometimes I feel it's appropriate.

I've done this when running one-offs. Works quite well but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it in campaigns. Sometimes really incongruous cards can be the most fun.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Yeah, that's why I don't jack with the cards at home. I have more flexibility to send them off on new directions.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TORG)”