Orrorsh Day 1 short cuts

graethynne

Orrorsh Day 1 short cuts

Postby graethynne » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:16 pm

So, you know how the Back up Stella is Bad News and the PCs are advised to stay away from it?

Well it turns out if one of them plays the cosm card to make reality tests favored that becomes less of a problem....

Plus the miracle workers dice were on fire so they group was enjoying +2 spirit for a minute....

And then the sister decided to Martyr herself to take out the Tiller in the rice field (detonating a bunch of petrol bombs in the process)...

The one mistake they made was smashing a whole in the roof, as an emergency evac strategy, so the bats would have taken them apart, if they hadn't killed Gant with Silver before sunset :lol: :lol: :lol:

All in all it was a creepy showcase of Orrorsh but my players were able to mostly navigate it unscathed (the Martying not withstanding).

Grae

Istrian

Re: Orrorsh Day 1 short cuts

Postby Istrian » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Funny, something similar happened to me too. They tore down the backup stela in a single turn (in fact the first turn) without even bothering to kill the guardian, then went to the fields and sniped the Tiller from afar. The streak ended when, during the night, they played their third Glory and I dropped three ravagons on them and reanimated all the dead enemies. One of the PCs Martyr'd himself so the others could survive... by fleeing into the night.

For the follow-up campaign all of them specifically said they don't want to go to Orrorsh ever again :twisted:

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:35 am

And again Orrorsh lives up to expectations... :D

But remember, you can't just ignore any reality; eventually they all have to be dealt with,
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:44 am

Rabbitball wrote:And again Orrorsh lives up to expectations... :D

But remember, you can't just ignore any reality; eventually they all have to be dealt with,

Kinda, yeah, but the way I've always seen it done was to make separate teams only for Orrorsh missions, because half (or more) of the team would die in every adventure. Good for the Cthulu fans, not so much for typical roleplayers who were attached to their characters.

It's always been the most problematic cosm, in my experience. Few people even wanted to play characters FROM there in oTorg, since you didn't get any useful World Laws, only penalties! A bit better this time around but, phew, still a heavy cross to bear.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:54 am

Wakshani wrote:It's always been the most problematic cosm, in my experience. Few people even wanted to play characters FROM there in oTorg, since you didn't get any useful World Laws, only penalties! A bit better this time around but, phew, still a heavy cross to bear.

According to the Sacellum, if it isn't heavy, it isn't a cross... :geek:

cloudshaper2k

Postby cloudshaper2k » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:25 am

Oddly enough, my group navigated it without any deaths. This is despite convincing Gant to flee into the jungle before sunset and one of the players playing a Cosm card to add another threat - I had the kid from the gas station turn out to be a werewolf. They quickly figured out that gospog were weak to trick, used their card pools for maximum effect (Seize Initative is my group's favorite card), and made good use of their possibilities.

Of course, it helped that they scored a Glory result in the first scene.

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:03 pm

Rabbitball wrote:
Wakshani wrote:It's always been the most problematic cosm, in my experience. Few people even wanted to play characters FROM there in oTorg, since you didn't get any useful World Laws, only penalties! A bit better this time around but, phew, still a heavy cross to bear.

But is it really a cross since they didn't have the Christ absolve them from their sins?

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Istrian wrote:
Rabbitball wrote:

But is it really a cross since they didn't have the Christ absolve them from their sins?

It is. The Sacellum I use holds to the view that Christ died on the cross for Adam's original sin, effectively leaving each person's own sin to be paid for by their own deeds. It's considered a fair trade, perfect man for perfect man.

Atama

Postby Atama » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Is it wrong that sometimes I read your name as Rabbi T-Ball? Like maybe a game played behind a Synagogue?
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Atama wrote:Is it wrong that sometimes I read your name as Rabbi T-Ball? Like maybe a game played behind a Synagogue?

Oy vey! :roll:

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TORG)”