Day One incoming!

greybird

Day One incoming!

Postby greybird » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:55 pm

Tomorrow is my first time with Torg Eternity, save for a short demo session at Fear the Con two years ago. I'll be running Day One. I've been GMing for about 30 years, but haven't run Torg since it came in a box with an 80s metal album cover.

I've got the rules read several times through, the pdfs highlighted, the short version in OneNote for easy access, enough Torg dice for everybody to have two of each, I have Day one read, copied and annotated in OneNote, and re-read (well, enough for the first couple of sessions.) I have blips for the complex fights, threat cards for everything, and a custom Syrinscape sound set for each location. I have a bowl of Possibilities (red and blue crystals) that is lit from underneath. I have name cards and character sheets printed and ready to go. I have the cards divided and sleeved.

I even have a stuffed green dinosaur for a prop for Amber.

Time to storm the Storm!

Count Thalim

Re: Day One incoming!

Postby Count Thalim » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:45 am

Sounds good.

Let us know how you got on.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:34 am

You’re so prepared! As a player, I’d love it.

greybird

Postby greybird » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:54 pm

Wheew. Session 1 is complete. We made it from the start until just before their arrival at the hospital. Some highlights:

A player figures out the strategy for a tough fight. Sets up possibilities, an Aim action, the right cards to make an incredible attack. I say, "You've got it all lines up, as long as you don't roll a 1!"

He rolls a 1.

Incredulous laughter ensues.

-------------------------------------

When the mosasaurus arrives, one player tries to Trick it to create a distraction. He quickly lashes the group's only petrol bomb to the corpse of one of the passengers who wasn't so lucky and tosses it overboard (which wouldn't really work, but he was getting into the spirit of things so I decided to let it go.) He then generates a 20+ total against the mosasaurus's 5 and gets a Player's Choice. The beasty clamps down on the floating corpse and gets a throat full of flaming Everclear, causing two shock and causing the thing to miss its next turn. Two of them use the opportunity to open fire on it, after which Leena launches herself off of the observation deck with a hrockt-shoot spear held point down and rides it like a pogo-stick right into the back of the the thing's skull, finishing it off.

----------------------------------

Upon encountering the Law Tribe on the barricade, Professor Moore pulls off an Outstanding Intimidate roll, causing them all to back down and see him as the strongest. He follows that up with playing a romance Destiny card on Boyle. He now has a dozen primitive humans following him, calling him "Captain Professor."

--------------------------------------

Everyone had a great time, even the one I was afraid wouldn't like it. I can't wait to see how things shake out next time.

greybird

Postby greybird » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 pm

Heard today during the Nile Empire Day One scenario:

The party steals Nile Empire uniforms. Hooded Cobra to The Kid: "Aren't you a little short for a shocktrooper?"

Shortly after, "In Russia, Branko breaks you!"

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TORG)”