Talking about the Cargo Box

xshrekx

Talking about the Cargo Box

Postby xshrekx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:28 am

Since the first boxes arrived, I thought maybe somebody would like to talk about the contents.
Fitst of all: I hope everybody gets the boxes as fast as possible.

My fist thoughts:
HUGE box. Fun to unpack.
Everything in the box looks amazing. I am most supprised by the table tents. They look really cool. I think they will really help setting the stage.
I also like the GM Screen a lot.

Kamelion

Re: Talking about the Cargo Box

Postby Kamelion » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:40 am

That GM screen is really solid. And the dice really are very pretty - a cool "stormclouds captured in glass" effect. I think the cargo box itself is super-cool - I love all the little details on it, and it's super-sturdy too.

I'll have to get a little baggie for the counters - some of mine were already loose and floating around the box. And a cool dice bag for all my new Torg dice!

Oh, just spotted the tracker cards - that's a great idea!

(My standard core hardcover was missing from my box, though - I've emailed the feedback email, though, so I'm sure the team will take care of it :) )
The name that can be named is not the true name.

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 am

I almost threw out my extra dice.
Got to the bottom of the box, 2 d20 and 2 d6.
Sat there convincing myself the original pledge was for 1 d20 and 2 d6 and that I had somehow been short changed...
Cue a minute or two of rational thought and another minute or so of going through the rubbish bag full of packing popcorn.. BAM little plastic bag with the bonus d20 and d6 was recovered from the bottom of said bag.

Be careful people :D

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:26 pm

If you have missing or damaged product, contact us through the email address given in Update 33 which went out yesterday.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

xshrekx

Postby xshrekx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:44 pm

PrinceEarwig wrote:I almost threw out my extra dice.
Be careful people :D

Talking about being careful...
If you got the red leather edition: The leather is very, very soft. Extremly pleasent to touch if one likes such things. But this means the leather is also very sensitive. Be careful how you treat that book.

I for one made the following mistake:
I unpacked everything and stared in awe at the magnificent things, skimmed the books, and then put everything back in the box. First the normal books, then the red leather, then the other stuff: CD, dice, cards... Then I put the box on the shelf, standing on the side. This means the loose stuff shifted. And this shows on the red leather book. Not that much, but cleary visible.

Please note: This is by no means a flaw in the book. It was an error in the way I treated the book. MY mistake. I just hope for others to be able to avoid this.

There is a reason the book is wraped in two layers of paper.

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 pm

I got my stuff today & just wanted to post to say how lovely the Core Rule book looks! Little details like the mix of gloss and mat finish on the cover show that someone's really thought about presentation. :) The large font is kind to my middle aged eyes, and that new book smell, mmmm :D

It looks like some typos made it through final editing but I can live with that. My only real disappointment if that 2 of my 3 core books took a knock in transit, but that's not the TORG team's fault. *shrug*

Thanks to all involved for reviving one of my all time favorite games! :)

Any ideas on when we might be getting the PDFs of the Perk etc cards?
Non-denominational "Devil's Advocate"

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 am

Wotan wrote:I got my stuff today & just wanted to post to say how lovely the Core Rule book looks! Little details like the mix of gloss and mat finish on the cover show that someone's really thought about presentation. :) The large font is kind to my middle aged eyes, and that new book smell, mmmm :D

It looks like some typos made it through final editing but I can live with that. My only real disappointment if that 2 of my 3 core books took a knock in transit, but that's not the TORG team's fault. *shrug*

Thanks to all involved for reviving one of my all time favorite games! :)

Any ideas on when we might be getting the PDFs of the Perk etc cards?

If there is one thing that I've learned doing freelance writing is that no matter how many people look at a manuscript, no matter how many times, _something(s)_ are going to get through.

As for the Perk cards, etc..."soon".
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:39 am

TorgHacker wrote:If there is one thing that I've learned doing freelance writing is that no matter how many people look at a manuscript, no matter how many times, _something(s)_ are going to get through.

Yeah, I'm all too familiar with this phenomenon myself. It's one of the laws of doc writing/proof reading that within any doc there's always at least one error which expertly conceals itself until after the doc's been submitted, at which point it leaps out looking very smug and pleased with itself. *grin*

As for the Perk cards, etc..."soon".

Cool, they'll save some flicking through the rules when they come. One of the things I really like about TorgE is all the play aids which help to make the game run more smoothly.
Non-denominational "Devil's Advocate"

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:02 pm

My box has arrived and I am impressed by the quality, look and feel of the products.

Could you post a list of all the things that should be in the box? It looks as if everything is there but I want to be sure.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Staffan

Postby Staffan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 pm

I bragged about getting it in one of the Swedish Facebook RPG groups, and people seemed suitably impressed and curious.

It is rather amazing-looking. I was considering digging through my stuff for one of the boxes for popular late 80s/early 90s Swedish RPGs to post as comparison, but I figured that'd be a little harsh :)

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”