Living Land Kickstarter Preview

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

fougerec

Re: Living Land Kickstarter Preview

Postby fougerec » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Hope the cards are available as an add-on but it depends on the price of the box.

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:48 am

As I mentioned elsewhere in greater detail, I really hope that the Survival Box exclusive cards are kept to an absolute minimum, if not eliminated completely. It would be really frustrating to feel like I was being forced to upgrade to the full box set if all I want is the cosm book and all of the new Drama/Destiny/Cosm cards.

TORGfromthePast

Postby TORGfromthePast » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:39 am

So it looks like we will only get the additional cards for the individual cosms if we pay for seven addditional boxes which include seven additional GM screens, seven additional CDs, 7 packs of character journals and 140(!) additional possibility tokens ...

Wow, that is really disappointing!

Kamelion

Postby Kamelion » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:23 am

TORGfromthePast wrote:So it looks like we will only get the additional cards for the individual cosms if we pay for seven addditional boxes which include seven additional GM screens, seven additional CDs, 7 packs of character journals and 140(!) additional possibility tokens ...

You say that like it's a bad thing... :D
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Dlw32

Postby Dlw32 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 am

The cards really need to be available separately from the box. I simply can't afford to buy all the extras for all the cosms. You will be pricing me out of this game... a game I loved when it was old Torg and love now that it's Torg Eternity.

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:49 am

Dlw32 wrote:The cards really need to be available separately from the box. I simply can't afford to buy all the extras for all the cosms. You will be pricing me out of this game... a game I loved when it was old Torg and love now that it's Torg Eternity.

This pretty much sums up my position as well.

When I saw the previews of the new cards, it persuaded me that I'd be willing to upgrade from just getting the PDF to getting the physical LL book in order to get some new cards. I don't have the cash to be able to justify buying the full box though, so I may have to stick with just getting the PDFs.

I'd love to be able to support the line more, but for me it's not good value to buy a package which includes a load of stuff I'm not really that interested in. Don't get me wrong, the physical TorgE stuff has been awesome quality so far, & I think it's great that US are producing this stuff for those who want it, but, with my current finances, realm specific screens, sound tracks, counters, etc fall within the realm of desirable, but unnecessary, luxuries. :(
Fear Bugs Bunny's interaction attacks!!!

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Wotan wrote:When I saw the previews of the new cards, it persuaded me that I'd be willing to upgrade from just getting the PDF to getting the physical LL book in order to get some new cards. I don't have the cash to be able to justify buying the full box though, so I may have to stick with just getting the PDFs.

I'd love to be able to support the line more, but for me it's not good value to buy a package which includes a load of stuff I'm not really that interested in. Don't get me wrong, the physical TorgE stuff has been awesome quality so far, & I think it's great that US are producing this stuff for those who want it, but, with my current finances, realm specific screens, sound tracks, counters, etc fall within the realm of desirable, but unnecessary, luxuries. :(

That's a good point and it helps me clarify my own position.

I had initially been planning on just getting the PDFs. The reveal way back that there would be new cards persuaded me that I'd upgrade to physical books in order to get the cards. But if I have to get *everything* to get the cards, then I can't afford that and I will just go back to supporting at the PDF level. Physical cards were, for me, the enticement to get physical books. No cards, no books.

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Although being kind of forced to pledge a specific level to get items that are essential to the game is annoying, you have to remember that it's a KS campaign, which generally means KS exclusive goodies.

So maybe they should consider choosing other exclusives. A very special edition of the GM screen, the new possibility tokens or some figurines, but not the cards, which are pretty much what everybody wants. If not, keep the exclusive cards, as pkitty said, to only a couple of them. Just saying.

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Taliesin wrote:Although being kind of forced to pledge a specific level to get items that are essential to the game is annoying, you have to remember that it's a KS campaign, which generally means KS exclusive goodies.

So maybe they should consider choosing other exclusives. A very special edition of the GM screen, the new possibility tokens or some figurines, but not the cards, which are pretty much what everybody wants. If not, keep the exclusive cards, as pkitty said, to only a couple of them. Just saying.

The preview does say
New promotional Destiny and Cosm cards – 1 of each to start, but more will be added as they are unlocked. These are Ulisses exclusives, which means they aren’t offered by retail separately.

Not that they are exclusive to the Survival Box, just to Ulisses. I have faith that the company will do right by the fans in terms of the cards (which I assume they know everyone wants).

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”