Here comes the Living Land Kickstarter...

Rocketeer

Re: Here comes the Living Land Kickstarter...

Postby Rocketeer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Kamelion wrote:The music might be my favourite part of the Eternity KS - I love it. I use it all the time in my games and have it on my car's usb. I had no idea that we'd be getting more for the Living Land, and the idea of ending up with a whole row of Torg cds makes me absurdly happy.

I too am hoping for another CD full of Torg music.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:00 am

I kinda want a T-rex puppet.

Just have it lurking behind the GM screen and, when the moment;'s right?

"RAWR RAWR RAUGH!" *chews on the top of the screen*

I might have issues.

TORGfromthePast

Postby TORGfromthePast » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 am

I will order the cosm sourceboook, the God Box adventure, an adventure anthology.

As I am not happy with the art of the GM screen I will probably skip it. And I do not use soundtracks.

I would like additional threat cards and of course more cosm cards.

I do not need another box.

So, if the price for the components I want is near the price of the survival box, I will get the box.

Otherwise, I will stay with the books - and 'Fear Of Missing Out' will probably turn into 'Anger About Missing Out' ...

Dlw32

Postby Dlw32 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am

Wakshani wrote:I kinda want a T-rex puppet.

Okay, when I said I wasn't interested in miniatures I wasn't thinking of a Z-Rex plushie... I'm so in for that! :)

Dlw32

Postby Dlw32 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am

Wakshani wrote:I kinda want a T-rex puppet.

Okay, when I said I wasn't interested in miniatures I wasn't thinking of a Z-Rex plushie... I'm so in for that! :)

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:42 am

I only have two thoughts on this that are strong enough to put out there:

1. I'll be really annoyed if there are Drama/Destiny/Cosm cards that are exclusive to the box set. I didn't need most of what was in the Cargo Box, and I was relieved that it was easy (and reasonably priced) for me to pledge for everything that I truly wanted. I would be only a bit grumpy if, for example, a single promo card was exclusive to the box set (especially if it's something kind of out there) -- but if it's something like, "Anyone can get these 15 extra cards, but ordering the box set is the only way to get all 25," I might actually just hold off completely and pick the book up later from a reseller just out of spite.

2. I'm honestly surprised any time I hear anyone buying and ascribing value to CDs in 2018. Let me be clear, I like the soundtrack! It's cool, and if the MP3s hadn't been included for free, I might have bumped my pledge a few bucks to add them on. But paying close to $20 so someone can mail me a disc of computer files is just weird in the 21st century. It's like, "Here's the soundtrack, and here is a commemorative coaster to go with it." :)

(Well, a third thought -- I am really looking forward to this! It looks like it'll be a while until I can work a Torg game into our group's "campaign rotation," so I'm happy that I'll have plenty of extra material by the time that comes around.)

Kamelion

Postby Kamelion » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:28 am

I like the physicality of the CD (it would be even cooler if it was 180g vinyl, heh heh) and it allows me to rip lossless content, which is not the case with mp3s. I've had too many hard drive and cloud malfunctions over the years to discount the benefits of a hard copy :)
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Toon Cosm

Postby Toon Cosm » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am

Sign me up for the cosm book, additional cards, and adventure book. I love that stuff.

I don't need more music, boxes, poker chips, filled out character sheets, or really anything else (I might buy some miniatures if they were Torg specific but something tells me we won't see miniatures until we get the first set). The value of these to me is greatly diminished the second time around.

Hopefully there is a pledge level for people like myself who just want the basics. With these expansion/cosm kickstarters I don't need or want the bling the main book came with.

As kickstarters need stretch goals, please concentrate on more cards for our decks, or more adventure content. I would even settle for a "monsters of the cosm" book or "miracles/spells of the cosm book". Just not more poker chips please.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:49 pm

So...I just saw some more artwork.

...of a Borr Aka.

:D
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:22 pm

TorgHacker wrote:So...I just saw some more artwork.

...of a Borr Aka.

:D

How did you find the football field to house it? :P

Oh, wait! You aren't doing it life-sized... :(
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”