Getting a virtual table top to work with TorgE

TiaMaster

Getting a virtual table top to work with TorgE

Postby TiaMaster » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:09 pm

o I'm paying attention to what people are saying about getting dice and cards to work in Roll20, trying to get into using this VTT.

Many folk are attempting this using different paths - I am hoping we can just use this thread for this topic.

So far, I have imported Marko's dice scripts, but I need to ask him if the bonus dice macro counts sixes as fives.

I don't exactly know how to handle cards yet, though in one thread there was an example or two.

TiaMaster

Re: Getting a virtual table top to work with TorgE

Postby TiaMaster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:05 pm

I have the PowerCards macros working fine. which sorta elimanates the need for the Bonus Chart, so thats nice. One of us can describe how to do it once you get the macros from Marko. Note that it takes Roll20 Pro to do this I'm pretty sure.

For the character sheet, it is in the list of character sheet templates for your game under game settings on your Game page for Roll20.

As far as cards, i read that you could use Adobe to save as JPEG but I don't see that option for the cards.

So, I opened the tool 'Export PDF' but it doesn't have a JPEG option.
Last edited by TiaMaster on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:31 pm

Kay, have all the cards and card back as jpeg now using the free Windows 10 app PDF Converter.

I just opened the PDF File that contains each individual card inside that app, and then chose a folder to output to, then hit convert.

mattritchie

Postby mattritchie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:54 pm

I've also made a YouTube tutorial that covers the basics of setting up a Torg Eternity in Roll20.

https://youtu.be/IVWY72riSGQ

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:40 am

Matt you had a park map when you broadcast your freeRPG day adventure. Can you tell me where to find that?

GreenXLantern

Postby GreenXLantern » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:11 pm

This is Marko. If I can be of any help, please let me know. I'm building out my campaign now. I'm using the latest version of Power Cards in conjunction with scripts I put together with help from a bunch of people. This is on Roll20, and I have a Pro subscription. Below is what I have so far.

Regular d20 Bonus Roll

► Show Spoiler

Unskilled d20 Bonus Roll

► Show Spoiler

Power (Eternity) d6

► Show Spoiler

d20 Bonus Chart Manual Entry

► Show Spoiler

Marko

mattritchie

Postby mattritchie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:41 pm

TiaMaster wrote:Matt you had a park map when you broadcast your freeRPG day adventure. Can you tell me where to find that?

Hmmm.... the url from the web site where I originally obtained it doesn't seem to be good any longer.

Here is a similar map:

http://tribecatrib.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/standaloneslideshow/The%20Battery%20Perimeter-w.jpg

mattritchie

Postby mattritchie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:41 pm

GreenXLantern wrote:This is Marko. If I can be of any help, please let me know. I'm building out my campaign now. I'm using the latest version of Power Cards in conjunction with scripts I put together with help from a bunch of people. This is on Roll20, and I have a Pro subscription. Below is what I have so far.

Regular d20 Bonus Roll

► Show Spoiler

Unskilled d20 Bonus Roll

► Show Spoiler

Power (Eternity) d6

► Show Spoiler

d20 Bonus Chart Manual Entry

► Show Spoiler

Marko

PowerCards are amazing.

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 am

They may be amazing, but they can't do 3d dice, and looking for that 10 or 20 in Torg is central to the experience. I think I have solved the problem without having to use PowerCards. I'll et you know (if you care about seeing the dice).

I just wish I knew HTML so I could edit Matts character sheet.

GreenXLantern

Postby GreenXLantern » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 am

TiaMaster wrote:They may be amazing, but they can't do 3d dice, and looking for that 10 or 20 in Torg is central to the experience. I think I have solved the problem without having to use PowerCards. I'll et you know (if you care about seeing the dice).

I just wish I knew HTML so I could edit Matts character sheet.

Very true. Let me know if you find a solution. However, 3d dice slows down the game for a lot of people and disrupts the flow (at least in my experience), so seeing the large result is the VTT version of the experience.

Marko

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”