Getting a virtual table top to work with TorgE

ZorValachan

Re: Getting a virtual table top to work with TorgE

Postby ZorValachan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Thank you! Thank you! for this!

The video on how to get the decks to work was great, GM Matt! I was stumped at what certain deck "commands" did.
Also, thanks for the Power Card macros, Marko!

So for those completely clueless (like I was) and having trouble with "Power Cards" do this.

Using "Power Cards" requires you to copy and paste the Power Card script into API (you need a Pro account if you GM, not play).
Save it as "PowerCards" or whatever and activate it for use in your specific Torg game.
Now, join the game and go to macros. Add a macro and input Marko's scripts there.
Toggle the bar on and add the macros to the bar. make sure everyone has it. Now everyone can use them.

FYI: My problem was not realizing that the Power Cards were API and Marko's were Macros.
I was trying to put Markos scripts along with the Power card script into the API, then all of them (including the Power Card script) into the macros.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

GreenXLantern

Postby GreenXLantern » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:32 am

I've modified my script again. This time it's now made for each token, pulling the name field from the Torg Eternity Roll20 character sheet. Also 1-4 rolls are marked red.

► Show Spoiler

Marko

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Well I am progressing with my Fantasy Grounds ruleset.
Still going to try and get a better implementation of the Cards than the current "Basic Card Table" that works, but isn't particularly sophisticated.
Been working on the appearance of the desktop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oun2xm70ugjdfi6/Screenshot%202017-07-25%2021.33.07.png?dl=0

is what I have so far

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:04 am

Question for TH, as someone enquired over on the Fantasy Grounds forums.
Regarding use of art resource in designing the look of a ruleset for FG.
I intended what I have used in the previous image to be for my home game. Should someone actually be able to put together a community ruleset properly. Would the art components and terms used be ok for IP concerns?

Specifically I used the border from the front cover of the main rulebook to create the screen border.
The little grey/blue gem circle from the cover as well.
Also the terms Storm Knight, Stormer and Ord and of course Possibilities.
And obviously the TORG Eternity decal ;D but that can be turned off easily.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:43 pm

You should talk to Eric regarding this. I'll loop him in.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Fantasy Grounds licensing is strict. We have to be careful about logos and art assets because once we allow them into the community versions we're pretty much undercutting any future sales that rely on those assets.

That being said, I really like the look of this, and I am aware that the first thing that FG will do when we get to the licensing phase is contact community developers like yourself for subcontracting. We might as well have a solid base to work from.

So here's the deal - continue as you are for the moment, but remove the logo (since that makes it too official-looking). You can keep the borders and the circles and the terms for now. Build something really nice mechanically without digging any farther than that into our art pool, and then I'll be able to make a strong case for a Fantasy Grounds license sooner rather than later.

Thank you for your work, and for keeping us posted about your progress!

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:59 am

Thanks for the support Eric.
I'll remove the decal post haste!

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:45 pm

This is the macro I am using that does not require PowerCards, for entering the die roll and producing a template (the default one so you dont need a custom one imported). This template then has the Die Roll, the Bonus Number, and a Note on how to use the number.

&{template:default} {{name=Action Check
}} {{Roll=[[ ?{Total|0} ]]
}} {{Bonus=[[ -10 + {2,2,3,3,5,5,7,7,9,11,13,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56,61,66,71,76}<[[ ?{Total} ]] ]]
}} {{note= Add the Bonus to your Skill Value to get the Total, then add [Modifiers](http://journal.roll20.net/handout/-KpBcolcbKpuL5YC4dA6)
}}

Next thing to conquer is adding exploding die rolls together after choosing whether to spend a possibility, or Up, or Hero or Drama. I hear its possible.

Apparently we should be careful with official art, or at least not post your private games on the official website.

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:07 am

Here's a shot of my Roll20 game area. Gives you an idea of size. I' sorry this is a big screenshot but i have a large monitor.

This is a shot in game to give an idea of card size.

The rest of my monitor is on the left and contains character sheets, charts and tables, and the CRB. I put video chat up on my TV.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:03 pm

TiaMaster wrote:Here's a shot of my Roll20 game area. Gives you an idea of size. I' sorry this is a big screenshot but i have a large monitor.

This is a shot in game to give an idea of card size.

The rest of my monitor is on the left and contains character sheets, charts and tables, and the CRB. I put video chat up on my TV.

OOOOH, that's nice.

Mine is rather disorganized and messy looking. Kudos, sir

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”