Supporting Fan Made Game Aides and such

scottdprt

Supporting Fan Made Game Aides and such

Postby scottdprt » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:41 pm

:?: Now that we have rules and cards out, where is the best place on the internet to share fan created content? Right now I have finished doing card backs (based on the original Torg cards), excel/pdf character sheet, and a player mat (mostly a large Bonus Chart where a player can mark his Die Total with a dice/chit/token with some rules reference).

So far, the best places seems to be at RPGGeek.com and boardgamegeek.com, but they are pretty baron at the moment.

Yours Truly,
Scott Davenport.

Kamelion

Re: Supporting Fan Made Game Aides and such

Postby Kamelion » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:29 pm

I love the idea of a player mat. Does it have space for the action pool, Possibility chips etc? Would be cool to see :)
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Are you looking for a place to host the materials or just a place to talk about it and post links? Because if it's the second option then this seems to be the best place.

Nyarlathotep101

Postby Nyarlathotep101 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:16 pm

On that note, just a suggestion for down the road, but some program like the DMs Guild for D&D, except for Torg (maybe somehow linked to Infiniverse) would be awesome. I am sure lots of us fans would be dying to make some homemade adventures and such for each other

I realize you are just getting started, so just a suggestion

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:47 pm

I asked about this a bit ago. The response was that, while they are getting their plot lines established, they really want to retain control of the content.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:15 pm

This is correct.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

scottdprt

Postby scottdprt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:24 am

Forgive me if I am splitting hairs, but what content does Ulisses wish to control? All content or core content as in rules/adventures/plots/new cards. I don't want to step on any toes, but I admit to being a Torg fanatic because I grew up in NE Pennsylvania not far from Honesdale (plus I will be running Torg at conventions so am developing game aides to assist new players).

As for my Player Mat, it is landscape with a Bonus Chart large enough to mark with a die or token. When teaching new players, having them roll and place the die on the mat keeps them from confusing the die total with the action total. Middle section has boxes to track Possibilities (1 1/2" square for those using chips), Shock & Wound Damage, and Stymied & Vulnerable conditions. Bottom is Success Level Chart (expanded with Soaking & Bonus Damage results along with reference boxes on healing, death, and spending possibilities.

I made a crude version for running FREE RPG Day, but working on a new version now that I have the rules.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”