Character Generator for Windows

Spatula

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Sat May 11, 2019 11:09 am

Whoops, forgot to run my unit tests. There was a bug in 1.6.1, please download the latest v1.6.1.1 if you run into problems opening saved characters. Thanks to Simon for letting me know about the problem!

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun May 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Spatula wrote:Whoops, forgot to run my unit tests. There was a bug in 1.6.1, please download the latest v1.6.1.1 if you run into problems opening saved characters. Thanks to Simon for letting me know about the problem!

Yah to unit tests! You wouldn't believe the amount of developers I meet that don't do TDD.

If your using VS, get a copy of NCrunch. It will run them as you code.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Fri May 31, 2019 3:14 pm

Version 1.6.3 is available, including new material from the Nile docs. I've also fixed some bugs and made some additions:

The program now distinguishes between equipment/spells that are contradictory vs. invalid for the character, and doesn't try to stop you from adding contradictory stuff. Though for sanity purposes, contradictory equipment is still not shown unless you click on the "show unavailable items" checkbox.

After character creation is over, there are changes to how equipment is added.
1) Windows for choosing equipment now list the DN for getting the item rather than the dollar amount, post-chargen. The dollar amount is still shown in the full display when the item is selected. The DN is more useful post-creation as it's used for requisition/scavenging/etc.
2) The "buy" buttons on the equipment sections split into "add" and "acquire" buttons post-chargen. Adding lets you add some item to the character without needing to do anything else. Acquire brings up a new requisition/acquisition window.
3) In the Character menu, there will be a new option visible post-chargen, "Acquire Item" that also brings up the requisition/acquisition window.
4) The Requisition window is much like the normal "buy stuff" window but it incorporates some features of the d20 rolling windows. Basically you get to make a test with persuasion or streetwise and then only the stuff that you could get with your result will be displayed. It also sorts from price DN descending instead of by name.

Lastly, items like the laser sight and ammo items are attached to another item. You can right-click on the laser sight/ammo/whatever to "un-attach" them. So if you put a laser sight on your Glock, the Glock will now note that it ignores up to 1 point of penalties. If you load it with armor piercing bullets, it will note that it has AP 2.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”