Character Generator for Windows

Spatula

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:09 pm

greybird wrote:Is there a way to set the Reality skill to zero? I'm trying to make printer-friendly versions of the Day One characters, who start out as ords, and I can't find a way to take the Reality skill away from them.

Huh. Well, you can do them as "ord" NPCs. Just be sure to adjust their Wound limit. Are you printing them as text or onto a character sheet?

greybird

Postby greybird » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:11 am

Character sheet. I'm using the grayscale Eternity version so that they will become familiar with the layout before making their own when the time comes.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:44 am

greybird wrote:Character sheet. I'm using the grayscale Eternity version so that they will become familiar with the layout before making their own when the time comes.

Ah. In that case the NPC route won't work.

OK, please download and unzip the latest version (link to the application's page). Then create a file called "CustomGameData.xml" in the <install directory>\CustomGameData folder. Then edit the file and paste the following into it:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TocgGameData version="2.0">
  <Skills>
    <Skill name="Reality" attr="Spi" unskilled="false" specialization="false" minAdds="0" />
  </Skills>
</TocgGameData>

When you start it up again, the reality skill won't have any minimum adds.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:58 am

Also, the latest includes support for eternity shards:

► Show Spoiler

That was the last thing on my to-do list, so aside from big fixes there won't be any updates for a while.

greybird

Postby greybird » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Spatula wrote:Then create a file called "CustomGameData.xml" in the <install directory>\CustomGameData folder. Then edit the file and paste the following into it:

Awesome, thank you! Just for clarity, is that \CustomData, or do I need to create a \CustomGameData folder?

And this is an excellent editor, by the way. It didn't take me more than three or four minutes to transfer each character from the books into it.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm

greybird wrote:
Spatula wrote:Then create a file called "CustomGameData.xml" in the <install directory>\CustomGameData folder. Then edit the file and paste the following into it:

Awesome, thank you! Just for clarity, is that \CustomData, or do I need to create a \CustomGameData folder?

And this is an excellent editor, by the way. It didn't take me more than three or four minutes to transfer each character from the books into it.

Sorry, you’re right that I meant the CustomData folder.

And thank you!

TCArknight

Postby TCArknight » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:51 am

Notes issue?

It seems that the Eternity Notes pdf output doesn't like line feeds:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htrlexebuqlp2 ... r.png?dl=0

greybird

Postby greybird » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:04 pm

I'm guessing it is just a false positive, but Windows Defender is having fits with this version. Redownloaded it, cleared my filters, and re-extracted and tested the newly extracted version as well with the same result:

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:08 pm

I haven't changed anything in terms of what it does, and it doesn't do anything potentially dangerous. Others have reported similar with my programs, seemingly because the "publisher" is unknown.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:10 pm

TCArknight wrote:Notes issue?

It seems that the Eternity Notes pdf output doesn't like line feeds:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htrlexebuqlp2 ... r.png?dl=0

Is that from the preview or the output PDF? I'm guessing the PDF. I will take a look, the estimation of how big the line is looks to be off.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”