Character Generator for Windows

TCArknight
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:11 am

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby TCArknight » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Spatula wrote:
TCArknight wrote:Notes issue?

It seems that the Eternity Notes pdf output doesn't like line feeds:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htrlexebuqlp2 ... r.png?dl=0

Is that from the preview or the output PDF? I'm guessing the PDF. I will take a look, the estimation of how big the line is looks to be off.

Yes, the Output PDF of the Notes. :)

This is the full text:
Jordain Perrault III is a rather interesting man. Born in the town of Thonon-les-Bains on the French and Swiss border and on the shores of Lac Leman, otherwise known as Lake Geneva. Due to his mother being French and his father Swiss, Jordain has dual-citizenship. Because of his dual-citizenship he was conscripted into the Swiss Military and came to the attention of the commander of the Swiss Guard and was recruited to join them. Passing all of the requirements he joined the Swiss Guard.

He served as a member of the Swiss Guard for 5 years then the High Lords and their reality altering storms. Jordain was caught in the storm, as he was visiting his family in Thonon-les-Bains. Due to his conversion he gladly started serving the Cyberpapacy as a trouble-shooter, though it didn't take long for him to shake the effects and realize the horror of what was going on.

Now fighting against the Cyberpapacy, becoming intent on bring down the Cyberpope, though first he had to make contact with the true Pope in the Vatican. Initially he was viewed with great suspicion and interrogated mercilessly, as even the Vatican was highly concerned with what was going on. Jordain was eventually found to be a true servant of the Vatican and introduced to the Delphi council. Now he has one goal, remove the High Lords from Earth and free all of those suffering.

greybird
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby greybird » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Like I said, I figured it was just a false positive. This would be about the least effective way to spread a virus that I can think of.

User avatar
Spatula
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:06 pm

OK, v2.0.1.6 is here. It fixes a bunch of bugs (they never end!) and includes the half-folk from Cracking Tales of Aysle. I didn't notice any substantive changes in the final Aysle sourcebook vs. the preview, but if I missed anything please let me know.

I've also found a better HTML-to-PDF library that seems to do a much better job with rendering the character sheet previews as PDFs. If you run into any issues on that front please drop me a PM.

TCArknight wrote:Notes issue?

Should be fixed, please give it a test. :)

TCArknight
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:11 am

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby TCArknight » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Spatula wrote:
TCArknight wrote:Notes issue?

Should be fixed, please give it a test. :)

And right after I dl'd the 2.0.1.5 version... :D

Will DL new version and check that. :)

TCArknight
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:11 am

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby TCArknight » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:57 am

Spatula wrote:
TCArknight wrote:Notes issue?

Should be fixed, please give it a test. :)

Looks good, background notes are coming out as expected. :)

I do have a couple of questions though:
1 - How do you take Cybernetics a second time after moving to XP advancement? The perk shows on my list in italics only if I check the Unavailable options box. The button to select never appears. Am I missing something? :)

2 - One of my players with a Nile character came up with this for his character:
Scepter of Heka (Holy Item)
Shorter than a staff, but longer than a traditional scepter, the Scepter of Heka holds a bit of the spiritual power associated with the ancient Egyptian god of magic and healing.
  • The holder may call upon the Healing and the Soothe Miracles (Core rules, pp 201 and 203).
  • The holder may call upon the Snake Staff Miracle (Nile Empire Sourcebook, pg 48). Turns the Scepter into a pair of Asps which can attack an opponent. See Below for the crunch. :)
  • Acts as a club when not being used otherwise: Tech: 8, Bonus: +2; Notes: Stagger

I see the base item as a club, and each time a perk, lets say Enchanted Item (or something like that) is taken, can add another Pulp Power/Miracles to it.

Suggestions?

User avatar
Spatula
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Well, crap. Sorry about that. Please update to v2.0.1.7 to fix that damn bug with the cyberware implants.

User avatar
Spatula
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:15 pm

TCArknight wrote:2 - One of my players with a Nile character came up with this for his character:
Scepter of Heka (Holy Item)
Shorter than a staff, but longer than a traditional scepter, the Scepter of Heka holds a bit of the spiritual power associated with the ancient Egyptian god of magic and healing.
  • The holder may call upon the Healing and the Soothe Miracles (Core rules, pp 201 and 203).
  • The holder may call upon the Snake Staff Miracle (Nile Empire Sourcebook, pg 48). Turns the Scepter into a pair of Asps which can attack an opponent. See Below for the crunch. :)
  • Acts as a club when not being used otherwise: Tech: 8, Bonus: +2; Notes: Stagger

I see the base item as a club, and each time a perk, lets say Enchanted Item (or something like that) is taken, can add another Pulp Power/Miracles to it.

Suggestions?

Yes, I would create it as a weapon with some <AddSpell> effects. Enhancements could be handled different ways; I would maybe define some "Enhancement" items (like Aysle enchants) and then you could add those through the UI, or have a perk that adds them, or something like that.

TCArknight
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:11 am

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby TCArknight » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Spatula wrote:Well, crap. Sorry about that. Please update to v2.0.1.7 to fix that damn bug with the cyberware implants.

Got it. :) Working as expected with one exception.

I wound up taking the perk a 2nd time, and not spending all of the funds. When I created a piece of cyberware to spend it on and tried to reset the choices, the selection only allows for the initial perk to be reset (gives $10K as available) and then only shows the perk selected once with no refund of spent XP.

If I try buying the perk again, it acts like I had never bought it in the first place even though the XP has been spent.

I can work around that, but just one of those things. :)

User avatar
Spatula
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:51 pm

TCArknight wrote:Got it. :) Working as expected with one exception.

I wound up taking the perk a 2nd time, and not spending all of the funds. When I created a piece of cyberware to spend it on and tried to reset the choices, the selection only allows for the initial perk to be reset (gives $10K as available) and then only shows the perk selected once with no refund of spent XP.

If I try buying the perk again, it acts like I had never bought it in the first place even though the XP has been spent.

I can work around that, but just one of those things. :)

You're killing me, Smalls! :D

You'll have to be more specific about the exact order of operations to reproduce the issue. I just tested it by taking Cyberware twice in chargen and resetting it, or taking it once in chargen and once after and then resetting, and both times it worked fine.

TCArknight
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:11 am

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby TCArknight » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:34 am

Spatula wrote:You're killing me, Smalls! :D

You'll have to be more specific about the exact order of operations to reproduce the issue. I just tested it by taking Cyberware twice in chargen and resetting it, or taking it once in chargen and once after and then resetting, and both times it worked fine.

:lol: hehe sorry man, I just seem to be hitting weird combos..

  1. New Character
  2. Cyberpapacy
  3. Various skills to take up the 16 points
  4. Cyberware Implants Perk, take Hexxer Mk II
  5. Endurance Perk
  6. Finish CharGen
  7. Give 20 XP
  8. Cyberware Implants, HardPlas Arm (Right) (Selections remaining: $0)
  9. Shows: Cyberware Implants (x2) and correctly lists the HardPlas Arm (Right), Hexxer Mk II (I change my mind though and want to take a different Perk instead.)
  10. Right click on the Cyberware Implants and verify to Reset Choices
  11. Click Yes to proceed
  12. Choose Cyberware screen pops up with Selections Remaining: $10,000
  13. Reselect Hexxer Mk II - Selections $0, hit ok
  14. Second chooser pops up with $5,000 for selections. However, nothing I select reduces the amount even if I reselect the HardPlas Arm.
  15. Cancel
After that, it shows 15XP available, and only one Cyberware Implant perk. It hasn't refunded the XP.

I'm probably missing something... :)


Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests