Character Generator for Windows

Spatula

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:59 am

I'm taking this specific bug discussion to PMs but I do want to say that if you change your mind or made a mistake with a perk, it's better to remove it and buy it again. Resetting a perk was intended for situations where you aren't able to do that for some reason. I will clean up the language on the warning to reflect that.

greybird

Postby greybird » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:10 am

I'm having two issues. First, if I try to export to any type of PDF (even older characters I've previously exported), I get the following error:

Second, I've got two notes for each character: A quote, and a background. They're entered separately. When I try to export them, the notes are stacked on top of each other. Again, this also happens with characters I'd previously exported without issue:

TCArknight

Postby TCArknight » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:20 pm

greybird wrote:I'm having two issues. First, if I try to export to any type of PDF (even older characters I've previously exported), I get the following error:

Second, I've got two notes for each character: A quote, and a background. They're entered separately. When I try to export them, the notes are stacked on top of each other. Again, this also happens with characters I'd previously exported without issue:

I can confirm as I'm having the same issue.

Another issue I'm having is that I can't add the Mummy Perk to a character once entering XP Spend Mode. I can add it fine during Char Gen, but not after. (Possibly due to the ModifyStartingAttributes Effect?)

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Is anyone else getting this "max connections" page with the forums? I can generally get them to load if I keep reloading the page but wow that's a pain. Is something big going on in another game line?

Anyway, it seems the new HTML-to-PDF library I settled on has an extra ".dep" file that has to be included for it to work, that wasn't automatically getting copied over to my directory where I put new distributions. The file was present when I was running it for myself, but because it never got copied over it wasn't in the latest releases. As an added bonus, the file is freaking huge! So, yay, it works and it's much better than what I was using previously and it's free... but the download is now much bigger.

Also the change meant I had to restructure a bunch of code, which produced the aforementioned issues with multiple notes, which have now been fixed - as long as the notes fit on one page! Next up I'm going to allow for multi-page notes.

My apologies for the growing pains...

greybird

Postby greybird » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Spatula wrote:Is anyone else getting this "max connections" page with the forums?

I'm getting that, too.

And thank you.

/edit - and both issues seem solved now.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:03 pm

OK, if you have more notes than can fit on one page they should now be spread across multiple pages.

Also, I changed how the portrait interface works a bit. You can now right click on it to get a menu of different ways to supply the image - from a file, from the clipboard, or from a URL.

NOW I'm done (barring more bugs cropping up), at least until the Cyberpapacy docs are released...

mathey

Postby mathey » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Spatula wrote:OK, if you have more notes than can fit on one page they should now be spread across multiple pages.

Also, I changed how the portrait interface works a bit. You can now right click on it to get a menu of different ways to supply the image - from a file, from the clipboard, or from a URL.

NOW I'm done (barring more bugs cropping up), at least until the Cyberpapacy docs are released...

Thanks again for all your hard work!

greybird

Postby greybird » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:15 am

One very *minor* suggestion. You should think about updating the version number on the download page (it currently lists 1.6.4, while mine is 2.0.1.8) or including some indicator on the Google Drive page. It's a little tough right now to see if you have the current version without digging up the forum post. Alternatively, link this thread via the Help menu directly.

This program is still a godsend, though!

carldot34

Postby carldot34 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:46 am

Do you have a Patreon or a Paypal? I am grateful that you have provided this generator for free but I'd like to show my appreciation in a more tangible form.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:17 pm

carldot34 wrote:Do you have a Patreon or a Paypal? I am grateful that you have provided this generator for free but I'd like to show my appreciation in a more tangible form.

Thank you, and I do! You can click on the "Donate" button on the program's menu bar to get the info.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”