So while we're all waiting for the rest of the Nile Kickstarter PDFs, I've added some new features to the character generator.
#1 is a new export option (Character menu -> Export -> Encounter). It's intended for NPCs, particularly mooks. It presents the character as a condensed stat block with fill-in bubbles for shock & wounds & conditions. You can increase the count to add more sets of fill-in bubbles based on your encounter.
One option that is turned on by default is success thresholds. Instead of the statblock saying, "Dodge: 8" it will have "Dodge: 8 / 13 / 18". The idea is to allow the GM to see what success level is reached against the NPC without having to do any math at all. But if you don't like it, you can turn it off.
Either way, the text can be copied and pasted into Word or whatever your favorite text editor is, then you can print out the statblocks for use at the table!
#2 is a bunch of new windows for doing rolls. I dunno how useful people will find this, since it's more on an in-play tool than a prep tool. At the very least it's handy to see how useful some options are. There's a window for just rolling tests, another for just rolling BD, and a "success calculator" that covers everything. The latter is really useful for attacks, since it computes the number of BD based on your success level, and after you (virtually) roll the BD it calculates the actual damage based on the target's toughness. I believe (but correct me if I'm wrong) that all current ways of modifying d20 and BD rolls are represented. These are under the new Tools menu.
One handy bit is that if you look at the Success Calculator menu for a complete character, it will fill in some stuff for you. For example, a character with a weapon in their inventory would have menu options for testing their melee weapons
skill on its own, or testing melee weapons
specifically with that weapon. This will fill in some of the values in the window for you.
#3 isn't new exactly, but I've gone and fixed the font issues with the Notes window. I found that code somewhere a long time ago and used it even though I noticed it was weird about responding to changing the font. Anyway, I finally dug into the code to find and fix the problem. The Notes window should now behave as one would expect when you change the font size or type. I also added in the standard formatting shortcuts for turning bold/italic/underline on and off.
As always, the latest version (v1.6) can be gotten here