Character Generator for Windows

Spatula

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Atama wrote:That is awesome and a brilliant idea.

Thanks! As a frequent GM I am all about making statblocks that are as useful as possible while still being concise, because you know I have enough to keep track of already in the middle of an encounter.

JeffWalklin

Postby JeffWalklin » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:03 pm

You are a beast with this thing! Thanks Spatula!

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:55 pm

Any chance compiling this for .NetCore? Then I can run this on my Mac.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:25 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Any chance compiling this for .NetCore? Then I can run this on my Mac.

I'll look into it but probably not anytime soon.

EDIT: After looking into it, it doesn't look like it's possible until I have access to Net Core v3.0, which supports WinForms.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Spatula wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Any chance compiling this for .NetCore? Then I can run this on my Mac.

EDIT: After looking into it, it doesn't look like it's possible until I have access to Net Core v3.0, which supports WinForms.

It doesn't even look like .net core3 will create winforms on any other os but windows; for this you need something like http://avaloniaui.net. this looks like a cross platform gui.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:20 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
Spatula wrote:

It doesn't even look like .net core3 will create winforms on any other os but windows

Ah. Well that seems somewhat pointless, though entirely in keeping with Microsoft's MO. So the answer would be no, then, given the amount of UI code in the application (also, I give a hearty hell no to building interfaces in XAML).

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Mon May 06, 2019 2:58 am

I searched the thread, but didn't find this, so I'll ask.

If I wanted to make a new Perk, or modify existing ones to be available only during character generation, how would I do that?

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Mon May 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Savioronedge wrote:I searched the thread, but didn't find this, so I'll ask.

If I wanted to make a new Perk, or modify existing ones to be available only during character generation, how would I do that?

You would need to add the perk to your custom data file with the <OnlyInCharGen /> prerequisite.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Tue May 07, 2019 3:06 am

Spatula wrote:
Savioronedge wrote:I searched the thread, but didn't find this, so I'll ask.

You would need to add the perk to your custom data file with the <OnlyInCharGen /> prerequisite.

Thank you. I have added a few custo. Perks, I just couldn't figure out the prereq code for this.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu May 09, 2019 5:45 pm

I've uploaded v1.6.1 of the application, which has some bug fixes and replaces the cosm selection with its own dialog (as I did with races in the previous update).

I like the new selection dialogs because they are able to give more information to a player who is not familiar with the setting - what is an edeinos, what is the Nile Empire, etc. I do miss being able to quickly swap between choices using the keyboard with the original drop-down selections, though. So I also added keyboard shortcuts; if the focus is on the race or cosm buttons and you press a letter key, the selection will change to the item that starts with that letter (if any). So for example, if the focus is on the race button and you press the 'D' key, the character's race will switch to dwarf. If the focus is on the cosm button and you press the 'N' key, the character's cosm will change to the Nile Empire.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”