Character Generator for Windows

Spatula

Re: Character Generator for Windows

Postby Spatula » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm

I uploaded a new version (v1.1.2.6) which only has a minor change - when buying items, those that are specific to your cosm are bolded. I did this to make sorting through the weapons, armor, and gear lists a bit easier for high-tech cosms.

mattritchie

Postby mattritchie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Spatula-

Is there any consideration, in the future, for adding a quick option in the interface for creating a new, custom piece of gear (even if only from the Purchase Gear screen). I would love to see that feature, though I can also, of course, do it using markup.

Thanks,
Matt

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:41 pm

mattritchie wrote:Spatula-

Is there any consideration, in the future, for adding a quick option in the interface for creating a new, custom piece of gear (even if only from the Purchase Gear screen). I would love to see that feature, though I can also, of course, do it using markup.

Thanks,
Matt

That would be great, but the program only reads in the game data, it doesn't save anything back to the game data XML files. One-off items that are unique to a character are possible, though. I might do that at some point, it would be good for character-specific bits that aren't worth adding to the universal data.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 am

mattritchie wrote:Spatula-

Thanks,
Matt

Ah, who needs sleep. I've uploaded v1.1.3. When you click the "buy" button on the Weapon, Armor, Gear, or Vehicle tabs, there's now a "Create Custom Item" button on the purchasing window. Any items created are specific to that character only, so if the item is something you intend to reuse a lot, I would add it to the XML data files instead.

mattritchie

Postby mattritchie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:31 am

Spatula wrote:Ah, who needs sleep. I've uploaded v1.1.3. When you click the "buy" button on the Weapon, Armor, Gear, or Vehicle tabs, there's now a "Create Custom Item" button on the purchasing window. Any items created are specific to that character only, so if the item is something you intend to reuse a lot, I would add it to the XML data files instead.

Bless you, Spatula! Can't wait to give this a go!

- Matt

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 am

And while I was at it, I added the ability to rename items. You can right-click on any item in the weapons, armor, gear, or vehicles tab and give it a new name. Also fixed a(nother) bug where enhancements to perk items weren't necessarily getting added/removed to/from the character.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Also just added a category selector for the Perks window, which is maybe not so needed now but I'm sure will be in the future. And in any case will let you sort through particular kinds of perks faster.

And at the request of someone on RPG.net, I added an option to the text export to break out the interaction and defense skills from the main skill list.

TCArknight

Postby TCArknight » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Love the generator. :)

I have a request and a bug.

Bug is that the Occultech Implants perk should have a STR req.of 8, not 10.

Request is if it would be possible to have a second page for the PDF output to include any Notes on the character. I'm using it for a game I'm running, and am using the notes for Description, Background and Quote (separate Entries) so would be nice to see those listed contents listed under a header/Title I gave it. :) (Heck, would be nice even if just had a separate text output since I don't see a way to output notes at the moment...

Keep up the fantastic work. :)

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:42 pm

TCArknight wrote:Bug is that the Occultech Implants perk should have a STR req.of 8, not 10.

Huh, so it is. Dunno how that happened. I'll get a fix up soon but you can fix this in your custom data file (or the main data file, even) in the meantime.

TCArknight wrote:Request is if it would be possible to have a second page for the PDF output to include any Notes on the character. I'm using it for a game I'm running, and am using the notes for Description, Background and Quote (separate Entries) so would be nice to see those listed contents listed under a header/Title I gave it. :) (Heck, would be nice even if just had a separate text output since I don't see a way to output notes at the moment...

Keep up the fantastic work. :)

Thanks! I would like to do something with the notes but I'd need an image of a character sheet page that has the needed space first. Also I think the text placement might get wonky for multiple pages, but I haven't tried a multi-page sheet yet so I really don't know.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:03 am

TCArknight wrote:Request is if it would be possible to have a second page for the PDF output to include any Notes on the character. I'm using it for a game I'm running, and am using the notes for Description, Background and Quote (separate Entries) so would be nice to see those listed contents listed under a header/Title I gave it. :) (Heck, would be nice even if just had a separate text output since I don't see a way to output notes at the moment...

So what I ended up doing was creating separate "Notes" sheets, one for the Eternity-style character sheet and one for the original-style sheet. That way you don't have to print out multiple pages if you only change either your stats or your notes. Unless you're putting them on either side of the same piece of paper...

Anyway, new version, v1.3, is available.

ImageImage

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”