"Miraculous" edition TORG Character Management System

ProfessorK

"Miraculous" edition TORG Character Management System

Postby ProfessorK » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:17 pm

This upload marks BETA2 of the Windows build. Code named "Miraculous". This version includes miracles and should be evrything needed to create the characters in the first Day One adventure in the Living Land.

There are a few thinsg in terms of items and gear that show up in that module that are not in the books. I'll add those to the tables for the next release, or if you feel brave you can use the data modification functions to add them yourselves.

I've also added a great big sexy "Print Character" button for those of you who were confused about how to spit out your configured character.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7a6cz ... sp=sharing

I have some questions in return:
(1) Are people using this or do they think they will when its totally done? Its not really worth my effort to polish if only Im going to use it.
(2) Are people using the Mac build yet? It takes me some time to do those builds so if no one is using them I will do them less frequently.
(3) Because we are an international communiy I am currently leaving all the international inetrface data from FM in the build. If thats useful Ill keep doing it but if not I can make the build a fair bit smaller and faster to download by removing it.
(4) What are your most important features? Barring input from the community I intend to be driven by the features needed for each day one scenario in turn.

carldot34

Re: "Miraculous" edition TORG Character Management System

Postby carldot34 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:39 am

1. Other than trying it out, I don't expect to use it until. I get my group playing Torg, which will probably be when the physical materials arrive.
2.i don't use a Mac personally.
3. I can't really comment on the international data needs. I'm in the UK but we are all, for example, mono-lingual.
4. Being able to see every skill a character might use, or be able to use, on the output is important to me, rather than just the ones they are skilled in. I don't want to see skills that cannot be used untrained though. Still better to see more rather than less though.

carldot34

Postby carldot34 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 am

P. S. I forgot to say a big thank you for all the work that you are putting in! THANK YOU!

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Right now, I have only messed around with it a little on my own, to date I have only played one game of Torg since the books came out, so I haven't had a chance to test drive it more than just making a few odd characters for my own amusement.

But I will point new players and/or casualties of the campaign I am running toward it

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:06 am

Okay guys.

Thanks fior the input about showing all skills on output, I can certainly add that as an option.

I was ready to bag the effort since Spatula's effort seemed decent and reasonably complete, but if yo are going to actually use it or at least try it then I'll go ahead and get the last few things implemented and look at the polish points.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”