Re: Moar Cosm Cards

Postby Greymarch2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:17 pm

ZorValachan wrote:2 words:
Infiniverse Exchange

If there were card templates they'd already all be up lol

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:34 pm

You can use what they did give to mock up a reasonable facsimile. Once i get my card template figured out, i can show it to you and you can use it if you want.it isnt 100% the same, but I'm trying for as close as i can with what they gave. For official cosms the backs are already made and people can print those, so from that side they wouldn't be different. It's my current project in my supplement. Card template should be ready in a week.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 pm

rlrapp wrote:For Cursed Item why should the bad guys get all the fun? Make it so if a player rolls a mishap, they can play this on themselves for possibility points (number decided by the GM based on importance of cursed item and severity of curse). I'd also expand what the curse could be, actively used items might leave you stymied, while passive equipment like armor might leave you vulnerable. It might be only when used or always while in your possession, you may or may not be able to throw it away. It might only apply to certain actions or attacks (say a helmet that leaves you very vulnerable to taunts).

That's kind of the main reason I left it as just vs enemies, a nice simple negative. If it's something lasting on players it would require a longer write-up than a card allows. Perhaps while cursed any time you want to spend a possibility you need to spend 2? But once you get rid of it you instantly refill to full?

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:06 am

Loving these, and I especially like all the memorable movie quotes used for the Core Earth set.
One thing though, I think that your "I love it when A plan comes together" would only work in oTorg not Torg Eternity.

Players have Destiny Cards in their hands in Torg Eternity not Drama Cards.
So they don't have anything to swap with, if they did still swap then the Drama deck would now have a card on it that has no initiative line.
Which is a shame as that would have been a good card.

Otherwise a great set of ideas.

I'll be back!

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:21 pm

PrinceEarwig wrote:Loving these, and I especially like all the memorable movie quotes used for the Core Earth set.
One thing though, I think that your "I love it when A plan comes together" would only work in oTorg not Torg Eternity.

Players have Destiny Cards in their hands in Torg Eternity not Drama Cards.
So they don't have anything to swap with, if they did still swap then the Drama deck would now have a card on it that has no initiative line.
Which is a shame as that would have been a good card.

Otherwise a great set of ideas.

I'll be back!

Oh god that's right. This is the danger of doing things before having the physical goodies in my hands... Editing now, though ironically this was the thought that started all the Core Earth ones in my mind in the first place.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:26 pm

Using the given Infiniverse Exchange templates, I was able to mock-up a reasonable facsimile of the cosm card as a PNG. You can insert a pic behind the transparency part and add test as you like. I didn't do established cosm backs, because we already have those, but have one I made for an Azteca realm. If you have photoshop or equivalent program you can adjust the blue border shade/color to better fit the cosm you want the card for.Aztec . Add the cosm symbol to the front lower right and a number on the lower left, viola you have cards.

CosmCardTemplate.png
CosmCardTemplate.png (106.21 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Aztec Back.png
Aztec Back.png (217.12 KiB) Viewed 319 times
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:47 pm

I was bored tonight so started tinkering around with the template ZorValachan provided earlier, seeing how it was made I began doing some jury-rigging of the Infiniverse Exchange art and think I cobbled together something workable. Presented here as a sample.

I now notice the white border on the bottom which I'll have to go back and fix right from the first step again... sigh... But I wonder if something like this is okay for the Exchange as it required manipulation (changing hue and brightness of some files) and some cutting and pasting.

And now that I actually have a bunch of games under my belt I can actually go back and look at the previous cards I made and see how crazy they really are :) I mean we're all about to have 20 Living Land cosm cards now, but you know what's better than 20 cosm cards? 30!

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”