Miniature alternatives

flamepulse

Miniature alternatives

Postby flamepulse » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Have you giuys heard of ArcKnight? They make flat plastic miniatures that are inexpensive and really cool. I think they would be a great thing to partner with to create minis for Torg. I use them for D&D and they are great.

http://arcknight.squarespace.com/

Taliesin

Re: Miniature alternatives

Postby Taliesin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:09 am

Nice! I particularly like the map grids (that's brilliant, as I can now order gaming tile sets without the grid lines :o) and the spell effects. These could be ideally combined with regular minis, when we do get them somewhere down the line.
They say they print on demand though, which is great, but I haven't been able to find a link. Have you tried it?

flamepulse

Postby flamepulse » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:24 am

Taliesin wrote:Nice! I particularly like the map grids (that's brilliant, as I can now order gaming tile sets without the grid lines :o) and the spell effects. These could be ideally combined with regular minis, when we do get them somewhere down the line.
They say they print on demand though, which is great, but I haven't been able to find a link. Have you tried it?

Ive only ordered their premade stuff, i use the flat minis for the bad guys and actual metal or plastic minis for the players.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:39 am

I'm a big fan of the Wargames Factory: Survivors set of miniatures, personally. Both the Men and Women boxes are chock full of goodness, and the Zombies can be used as Gospog without any ,ajor work.

The thing I *need*, tho, are Nile Shocktroopers. It's hard to find plastic Egyptian warriors, and finding them with WWII-era guns instead of bows/spears? Gah.

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:14 am

Wakshani wrote:I'm a big fan of the Wargames Factory

I wanted to take a look at their website, but seems to have been down for a couple of days...

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:43 am

Taliesin wrote:
Wakshani wrote:I'm a big fan of the Wargames Factory

I wanted to take a look at their website, but seems to have been down for a couple of days...

Yeah, you normally have to pick it up via other vendors now. Complicated story. :(

Rocketeer

Postby Rocketeer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 pm

I use miniatures from my collection of Heroscape miniatues. These provide an excellent selection of miniatures for Aysle and Pan-Pacifica, a good selection for the Living Land and Orrosh, and a fair selection for the Cyberpapacy and Tharkold. Unfortunately, there is not much there for the Nile Empire.

The closest I have for the Nile Empire are figures from various Lego sets. If Ulisses Spiele could somehow convince Lego to do a series of Torg themed Lego sets, that would be awesome.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”