Torg on-screen

Zackzenobi

Torg on-screen

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:23 pm

TorgHacker wrote:The best villains are those who don't think that they're villains, and in fact, you could alllllllllllmost see their point of view.

I mean, when Malraux says that casting spells can allow demons to come into the world...he's not wrong.

I think Malraux may end up being my favorite villain we do in Torg Eternity.

One of the reasons I love Pharoah Mobius so much is that is easy to picture. I always saw him as Wallace Shawn playing Cobra Commander. This paints a quick and easy picture of the character.

Dean, can you give us an idea of how you see the character by telling us which actor best describes the character?

TorgHacker

Re: Hot Targets for High Lords

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 pm

For Malraux?

IMO Anthony Hopkins.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Metalchef

Postby Metalchef » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:15 pm

TorgHacker wrote:The best villains are those who don't think that they're villains, and in fact, you could alllllllllllmost see their point of view.

I mean, when Malraux says that casting spells can allow demons to come into the world...he's not wrong.

I think you nailed it with the Cyberpope.

Technically, he is doing things that appear to be good, but he is doing so at the bidding of a darkness device. Depending on how your designers/writers develop Malraux, he might actually see the worlds he has drained as "God's Judgement" and what he has gained via Ebenuscrux as a reward for punishing the wicked. It is possible he sees himself as a true savior.

I am very interested in how he comes together in the Cyberpapacy Cosm book.

Metalchef

Postby Metalchef » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:19 pm

TorgHacker wrote:For Malraux?

IMO Anthony Hopkins.

A little off topic...

I think the Torg IP would make a awesome TV show on Netflix/HBO/Etc. Special effects have caught up and you could do multiple seasons based around the many cosms and storm knights.

Make it happen! :D

I can dream it, at least.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:35 pm

Metalchef wrote:

Technically, he is doing things that appear to be good, but he is doing so at the bidding of a darkness device. Depending on how your designers/writers develop Malraux, he might actually see the worlds he has drained as "God's Judgement" and what he has gained via Ebenuscrux as a reward for punishing the wicked. It is possible he sees himself as a true savior.

Well, I am one of the writers on the Cyberpapacy book so.... :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:35 pm

Metalchef wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:For Malraux?

IMO Anthony Hopkins.

A little off topic...

I think the Torg IP would make a awesome TV show on Netflix/HBO/Etc. Special effects have caught up and you could do multiple seasons based around the many cosms and storm knights.

Make it happen! :D

I can dream it, at least.

What makes you think we haven't tried? ;)

That said, I think the budget required to do a live action Netflix/HBO series would be too extreme without it being an immediate hit like Game of Thrones. Even then...Game of Throne's budget was obviously barely enough for that show until last season.

Torg would be better handled as an animated series I think.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:29 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Metalchef wrote:

Well, I am one of the writers on the Cyberpapacy book so.... :-)

Yay!

I agree about Malraux being interesting. In a lot of ways, his self-righteousness makes him more terrifying.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Savioronedge

Re: Torg on-screen

Postby Savioronedge » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:16 am

https://youtu.be/4TA_2_G12zA at 4:00 is the best dramatization I have ever seen of a Moment of Crisis followed by spending a possibility for a Glory result.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:23 am

Yes. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:48 am

Ok I can see Anthony Hopkins there. That helps me visualize him better.

I'm thinking Jason Mamoa for Uthorion. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”