Full Living Land Kickstarter Preview

Kuildeous

Re: Full Living Land Kickstarter Preview

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:36 pm

If you presume one act is a game session (for my group, it's closer to two game sessions), then you're talking about running within the same realm 5 sessions in a row. This is not so bad. I give my group the choice to hang around in a realm to clean up. Some ghosts got loose in Orrorsh, so they could've stayed there and hunted some ghosts. They have this mysterious Nile idol and could've chosen to go there. I could've made 5-act adventures out of those. They're doing the Delphi Mission in Aysle right now and may decide to stay in Aysle if the MacGuffin is something they want to try to solve.

And like I said, you can explore the different flavors of each realm. It can be done in a way that doesn't get old. I wonder if the acts will be tied together in a way where you can yank the Storm Knights toward an emergency mission in England and then back into the LL. If cosm fatigue is a problem with you group, this may help.

I do hope that these adventures will contain at least two—hopefully three—levels of difficulty for each encounter. Even though I cut my XP awards in half, my group is still about 12 sessions away from beta clearance. Since we play slowly, it'll probably be about 4-5 months before they hit beta, so they'll still be alpha when they start the God Box. But when the Nile super adventure comes out, they'll likely be beta. By the time Orrorsh comes out, they may be gamma or even delta. I hope I can run that module without needing to manually add 4 to every attribute and DN.

And of course, for the sake of symmetry, it'd make sense if the God Box has the same number of enemy levels, even though I doubt anyone is running a group of gammas yet.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Kuildeous wrote:
And like I said, you can explore the different flavors of each realm. It can be done in a way that doesn't get old. I wonder if the acts will be tied together in a way where you can yank the Storm Knights toward an emergency mission in England and then back into the LL. If cosm fatigue is a problem with you group, this may help.

It'll depend on the adventure. The God Box is more of a 'all at once' adventure, but the Nile Empire adventure probably can handle having 'breaks'.

I do hope that these adventures will contain at least two—hopefully three—levels of difficulty for each encounter. Even though I cut my XP awards in half, my group is still about 12 sessions away from beta clearance. Since we play slowly, it'll probably be about 4-5 months before they hit beta, so they'll still be alpha when they start the God Box. But when the Nile super adventure comes out, they'll likely be beta. By the time Orrorsh comes out, they may be gamma or even delta. I hope I can run that module without needing to manually add 4 to every attribute and DN.

The adventures are written for Alpha clearance Storm Knights. Beta clearance probably would need a bit of tweaking upwards of the opposition.

Definitely no Gammas yet.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:05 am

Just wanted to say how great the looks. :)

It's nice that it's only $10 more to upgrade, from just PDFs, to a pledge level that includes a physical copy of the LL book. My back's gonna hate lugging all the books around but US, you sly dogs, you've sold me on getting physical copies.

I'm also really happy to hear that US intend to make the additional cards available for sale in the future. I apologise for my cynicism in the previous preview thread, (though in my defense, at the time, the official US line did appear to be that the cards would be exclusive to the KS's survival box.)
Anyway, all good now, I'm looking forward to the launch later today...
Non-denominational "Devil's Advocate"

TORGfromthePast

Postby TORGfromthePast » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:39 am

Wotan wrote:It's nice that it's only $10 more to upgrade, from just PDFs, to a pledge level that includes a physical copy of the LL book.

Well, don't forget that you will have to pay for shipping. I will likely go with the Living Land Player pledge level, too. But I will add the physical copy of the God Box. And that's $35 for 100 pages – not so cheap. And when we hit the additional cards as an add-on, that will be another $10 or $15 – adding up to about $100.

And then there was already hinted at another adventure anthology ($25/$30?). So I might end up with the Survival Box despite my reservations ...

TORGfromthePast

Postby TORGfromthePast » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:46 am

Just re-reading the preview and I wonder: are PDFs of threat cards, blips, status tokens and the novel included in the lower pledge levels?

Edit: As I understand Eric's answer on the preview page these will be added via digital stretch goals.

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:06 am

Backer number 3. Not the fastest on the (mobile) keyboard.

Mistaken identity was always a fun card. I recall an amusing combination of it and Romance in my previous oTORG campaign.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:17 am

Um, I've got a silly newb question, and maybe someone can help me out. I've never used kickstarter before. I'd like to get an Add-On in addition to my pledge level, but whenever I click on a pledge level, I don't see a way to actually, well . . . add in the add-in. :)

I see a way to increase the amount of the pledge, but no way to say what it would be for. Do I do that, and then they'll contact me later about what I want?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:24 am

From Eric:

"We'll talk about that in updates, but the short answer is that it will be handled in the after-campaign pledge management survey."
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:28 am

So add-ins won't count towards unlocking stretch goals then?

Irisheyes

Postby Irisheyes » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:39 am

Greymarch 2000 , if you add the money now it will count towards stretch goals, the pledge management survey just let's you allocate what you want to use the extra funds for. For example you could put a extra 90 for the leather limited edition down now and allocate the money for that when the management survey comes out or use it toward a different add on at that time.You can't take the money back but can always add more. The money added during the pledge management though , didn't add to stretch goals last time, only money added before end of Kickstarter. The pledge management survey comes a couple weeks after end of Kickstarter usually.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”