Living Land Axiom Stretch Goal Discussion

RamblingScribe

Re: Living Land Axiom Stretch Goal Discussion

Postby RamblingScribe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Okay, if the axiom shift is for sure at the end of year one and there is just a notation that it's coming, I am all in.

And here is my personal stretch goal in support of it. If the social axiom gets voted up, I will write an adventure up similar to what I described above to highlight the change, and put it up on the infiniverse exchange.

If it means anything to anyone, I used to write freelance, mostly for Paizo, and my PFS adventures have consistently received good reviews, and frequently appear in top ten lists polled from players. I'm not trying to blow my own horn, I'm just making clear that I can deliver a good product.

I will consider any suggestions or input from the forums as well. If there is something that would make it work better for you or your group, convince me to include it.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:41 am

Personally, I'd boost tech... helps Humans more than the Edeinos.

But, I'm waving the Resistance flag with all my might over here. :D

Rocketeer

Postby Rocketeer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 pm

My current understanding of a potential Axiom change is this. If the change happens, then it will be noted in the sourcebook, but since the book is already written, it will not make any real use of the new Axiom level. Both the “The God Box” and “Delphi Missions” adventure books will use the current Axioms. The new Archetypes will likely use the current Axioms. However, the Living Land GM Screen will be changed to use the new Axioms.

The first official sourcebooks and adventures that really make use of the new Axioms will be Year 2 products, and we’re not likely to see those until after all the Year 1 material is published, which will take a couple years of real time.

So, why would the GM Screen be printed with the new Axioms, when those won’t be needed for years, but a screen with the current Axioms would be immediately useful?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:45 pm

My last convo with Darrell indicated that we are not going to change the GM screen but would probably do something like stickers that look like post it notes for not only that change but possibly others, and maybe even a blank table tent.

Just don’t know for sure yet.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

chall

Postby chall » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:10 am

How about a dry erase tent?

Rocketeer

Postby Rocketeer » Fri May 11, 2018 4:25 pm

I thought I finally understood the impact that changing an Axiom would have on the products, but Kickstarter Update #19 seems to indicate that making an Axiom change to the GM Screen is back on the table.

I understand that these things are in a state of flux, and there probably aren't definitive answers at the moment. However, when the Axiom Survey is actually sent out, I hope that it will be made clear what we’re voting on. For example, what products will be affected (e.g. GM Screen, Archetypes, Adventures, Sourcebook, etc.) and how they will be affected?

Rocketeer

Postby Rocketeer » Fri May 11, 2018 4:40 pm

chall wrote:How about a dry erase tent?

For a deluxe generic cosm display, something like the spin dial counters used in games , such as “Imperial Assault” or “Chaos in the Old World” might work. For example, a cardboard placard with spin dials for the Axioms, places to slot in World Law cards, and a couple of cardboard supports or feet to hold it upright (like a tabletop picture frame).

Changing Axioms wouldn’t be a problem, just dial in the new number. This would be especially nice for Law of Wonder pop up cosms.

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sat May 12, 2018 11:20 pm

For my part I think the most interesting effect of changing the Social axiom would be on the humans. The edeinos wouldn't care but that humans "rememberish" a higher Social axiom. They'd be the ones building city-states and armies.

rlrapp

Postby rlrapp » Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Here's an interesting thought to chew on. Some of the other High Lords may want to REDUCE some of their axioms.

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Thu May 17, 2018 12:22 pm

Dry erase is only good for things that change a lot in a short time. It's not really made for something that you probably only need to change once.

Stickers are a nice idea. Gloomhaven has awesome stickers that blend in perfectly if you're careful putting them on. The only worry there is the "probably" before "only need to change once", since even removable stickers do get awfully *hard* to remove after a while. But overall I think a set of Axiom stickers would be awesome.

Having just seen the actual poll, I'm torn again. What I'd found most interesting in the idea of the Social increase was the thought that that might not go as Kaah planned - eg., to put it in terms of the poll, the Social Axiom is increased as planned, but due to the intervention of canny Storm Knights, the Edeinos rebellions become better organized, rather than falling in line behind the Saar. The idea that, it "comes with the unexpected cost" that now the better-organized and more obedient Edeinos can build better walls for their new city-states, plus they have longboats and start conducting Viking-like raids along the coasts, doesn't seem like a big win for those "canny" Storm Knights.

I don't know. I still agree with the basic principal that something happening is more interesting than something not happening, but with the options as presented, I find I'm leaning back towards not. Any of you Gotaks want to talk me around again?

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”