Living Land Axiom Stretch Goal Discussion

ZorValachan

Re: Living Land Axiom Stretch Goal Discussion

Postby ZorValachan » Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm

utsukushi wrote:Dry erase is only good for things that change a lot in a short time. It's not really made for something that you probably only need to change once.

Stickers are a nice idea. Gloomhaven has awesome stickers that blend in perfectly if you're careful putting them on. The only worry there is the "probably" before "only need to change once", since even removable stickers do get awfully *hard* to remove after a while. But overall I think a set of Axiom stickers would be awesome.

Having just seen the actual poll, I'm torn again. What I'd found most interesting in the idea of the Social increase was the thought that that might not go as Kaah planned - eg., to put it in terms of the poll, the Social Axiom is increased as planned, but due to the intervention of canny Storm Knights, the Edeinos rebellions become better organized, rather than falling in line behind the Saar. The idea that, it "comes with the unexpected cost" that now the better-organized and more obedient Edeinos can build better walls for their new city-states, plus they have longboats and start conducting Viking-like raids along the coasts, doesn't seem like a big win for those "canny" Storm Knights.

I don't know. I still agree with the basic principal that something happening is more interesting than something not happening, but with the options as presented, I find I'm leaning back towards not. Any of you Gotaks want to talk me around again?

My vote was for personal reasons i talked about earlier. Dont remember which thread. But in OT everything went the storm knights way in any Infiniverse decisions. Everyone lit the signal fire, prevented aztec empire, etc. So I voted for baruk kaah's plan to go as intended. He's already had 2 massive failures: nashville which hurt everyone, and Missouri, which hurt him. as well as other setbacks. I do not want him to be another total failure, so i chose Social only. Even though i run my game in the Paraverse, I want the official Kaah to be as successful as the on in my game.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 pm

ZorValachan wrote:
utsukushi wrote:Dry erase is only good for things that change a lot in a short time. It's not really made for something that you probably only need to change once.

Stickers are a nice idea. Gloomhaven has awesome stickers that blend in perfectly if you're careful putting them on. The only worry there is the "probably" before "only need to change once", since even removable stickers do get awfully *hard* to remove after a while. But overall I think a set of Axiom stickers would be awesome.

Having just seen the actual poll, I'm torn again. What I'd found most interesting in the idea of the Social increase was the thought that that might not go as Kaah planned - eg., to put it in terms of the poll, the Social Axiom is increased as planned, but due to the intervention of canny Storm Knights, the Edeinos rebellions become better organized, rather than falling in line behind the Saar. The idea that, it "comes with the unexpected cost" that now the better-organized and more obedient Edeinos can build better walls for their new city-states, plus they have longboats and start conducting Viking-like raids along the coasts, doesn't seem like a big win for those "canny" Storm Knights.

I don't know. I still agree with the basic principal that something happening is more interesting than something not happening, but with the options as presented, I find I'm leaning back towards not. Any of you Gotaks want to talk me around again?

My vote was for personal reasons i talked about earlier. Dont remember which thread. But in OT everything went the storm knights way in any Infiniverse decisions. Everyone lit the signal fire, prevented aztec empire, etc. So I voted for baruk kaah's plan to go as intended. He's already had 2 massive failures: nashville which hurt everyone, and Missouri, which hurt him. as well as other setbacks. I do not want him to be another total failure, so i chose Social only. Even though i run my game in the Paraverse, I want the official Kaah to be as successful as the on in my game.

I don't really regard Nashville as a failure.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Rocketeer

Postby Rocketeer » Fri May 18, 2018 4:02 am

Even though the choices are described in a little more detail, we have this.

We'll keep this open for a bit, but the faster we see a quorum the faster we can start talking about how we plan to use the results!

So, if one of the options to make a change wins, there appears to be meaningful decisions that remain to be made, after the survey ends. What is the timeline for the change? How will the change effect the products from the current kickstarter, or will it only effect future products? If the current kickstarter products will be impacted, will that be in the form of stickers that can be applied later, or will the printed material change? How might changes impact the delivery schedule?

There are too many unknowns for me to back a change at this time. And finally, a vote for “No Change” now does not preclude changes in the future.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri May 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Rocketeer wrote:Even though the choices are described in a little more detail, we have this.

We'll keep this open for a bit, but the faster we see a quorum the faster we can start talking about how we plan to use the results!

So, if one of the options to make a change wins, there appears to be meaningful decisions that remain to be made, after the survey ends. What is the timeline for the change? How will the change effect the products from the current kickstarter, or will it only effect future products? If the current kickstarter products will be impacted, will that be in the form of stickers that can be applied later, or will the printed material change? How might changes impact the delivery schedule?

There are too many unknowns for me to back a change at this time. And finally, a vote for “No Change” now does not preclude changes in the future.

This is going to be a Year Two thing, and any changes to physical products will be done with stickers. More than that we haven't decided.

As for 'doesn't preclude changes' I think you can take it as a guarantee that this change won't be revisted. I'm certainly not interested in revisiting it. If this is going to happen at all, it's going to happen now.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Rocketeer

Postby Rocketeer » Fri May 18, 2018 3:01 pm

TorgHacker wrote:This is going to be a Year Two thing, and any changes to physical products will be done with stickers. More than that we haven't decided.

As for 'doesn't preclude changes' I think you can take it as a guarantee that this change won't be revisted. I'm certainly not interested in revisiting it. If this is going to happen at all, it's going to happen now.

Thank you for the clarifications. I probably read more into the update posting than was intended.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”