Minis

Padre

Minis

Postby Padre » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:24 pm

I got my Kickstarter minis in the mail today. They look really cool. Now I just need to find time to paint them.

agarrett

Re: Minis

Postby agarrett » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 am

Ditto here. Dr. Mobius and the Gaunt Man were stand-outs for really good sculpts, and I'm looking forward to painting them. The Cyberpope and Reiko Kanawa were also really good looking minis, taking a good second to Mobius and Gaunty. Ryuichi Kanawa was fine, even if nothing really stood out for him. Baruk Kaah has some really good looking details on him, but he's also in the most pieces and I've really got to assemble him before I can tell how he looks - he might also be a standout, the details on his body are really good. Uthorion, I'm afraid, was not as good. He's a generic barbarian-ish warrior that I've seen a dozen times before, and this one kind of fades into the background. Just none of the personality that shines through like it does from my favorites. Kranod, however, is even more bland, in the generic-monster-with-dog-ears category. He's the only mini I actively didn't like.

I consider this, by the way, a highly positive review. Of the 8 minis, 4 of them are really excellent and 2 are still quite good. I'm looking forward to painting these, even if it'll take a bit since I've got a bit of a backlog of minis to go through first ;)

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 am

I may put a sword through Kranod. I'm happy with them, now I need to buy some paints and get to it. I haven't painted minis in 15 years or so, might practice on some other ones first.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

thattitanguy

Postby thattitanguy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:22 am

I decided to paint Kranod first because... well, he's boring.

I think he turned out okay. I gotta pick out some details and decide what I want to do with his base, but I don't really need these minis looking super fancy.

I really need to do something with Malgest because it looks pretty bland. I wish it looked like the staff that Jezrael was holding on the cover of the OTorg Tharkhold cosmbook. (I'm assuming that's Malgest. Hopefully not.)

Next up is either Gaunt Man or Morbius. I'm having problems with Kaah's tail and Uthorion's arms, but they should come together (ahem) soon.
Attachments
kranod.jpg
kranod.jpg (214.46 KiB) Viewed 605 times

Padre

Postby Padre » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:45 pm

Looks good. I got my minis mostly put together. I need to reposition Uthorian's axe to take out a bend, but that's the only issue. I also plan on gluing Mobius onto his cape after I paint him. Pictures are (and will continue to be) posted in my paint log on Lustria Online.

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/p ... cts.19201/

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”