Cosm order

TorgHacker

Cosm order

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Thought you folks might want to know, we've tweaked the cosm wave order. Now it'll be:

3. Aysle
4. Cyberpapacy
5. Tharkold
6. Pan-Pacifica
7. Orrorsh
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

mistervimes

Re: Cosm order

Postby mistervimes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Are you still aiming for (roughly) two a year?
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:03 pm

mistervimes wrote:Are you still aiming for (roughly) two a year?

At the seminar at GenCon we said basically that starting with the Nile Empire Kickstarter we will not wait until everything ships to start the following ones. So it'll be one every four months.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Good decisions IMO. Glad U.S. is being flexible with their planning.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

mistervimes

Postby mistervimes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:03 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
mistervimes wrote:Are you still aiming for (roughly) two a year?

At the seminar at GenCon we said basically that starting with the Nile Empire Kickstarter we will not wait until everything ships to start the following ones. So it'll be one every four months.

Excellent news. Thank you for all you do.
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

TORGfromthePast

Postby TORGfromthePast » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:44 am

Apropos: any news on shipment of the Living Land?

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:49 am

I'm actually quite pleased by this announcement. I feel like the first books should be the forerunners of their axioms, so presenting Living Land, Aysle, Cyberpapacy, and Tharkold first makes a lot of sense. I know we're already lock in for Nile, so I understand why that's in the first four. But having the psionics get early love is good.

And honestly people just seem lost when it comes to Tharkold. What does it entail? Sure, Mad Max is great inspiration, but we all know there's more, and exploring that early will be good.

Also pleased with Kickstarters happening sooner. It seems unlikely we're going to stop kicking in just because we don't have the previous Kickstarter yet.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:58 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Thought you folks might want to know, we've tweaked the cosm wave order. Now it'll be:

3. Aysle

Praise be to Dhwty/Thoth! Waiting is, but not having to wait more than another 6 months to get Magic working properly again is a relief beyond measure ;-).

My bank account is going to kill me at $50 every 4 months, but at least I will die happy.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Kuildeous wrote:I'm actually quite pleased by this announcement. I feel like the first books should be the forerunners of their axioms, so presenting Living Land, Aysle, Cyberpapacy, and Tharkold first makes a lot of sense. I know we're already lock in for Nile, so I understand why that's in the first four. But having the psionics get early love is good.

And honestly people just seem lost when it comes to Tharkold. What does it entail? Sure, Mad Max is great inspiration, but we all know there's more, and exploring that early will be good.

Also pleased with Kickstarters happening sooner. It seems unlikely we're going to stop kicking in just because we don't have the previous Kickstarter yet.

The fact that Tharkold is the pinnacle (right now) of psionic ability is part of the reason we bumped it up further. Once Darrell said we were moving Orrorsh to last (which I definitely agree with...if there's something we need to get RIGHT and the one easiest to get wrong, it's that one) that opened up the whole "Well, does THAT order make sense?"

But to be honest, the big reason is because of production. Darrell's lead on Aysle, I'm lead on Cyberpapacy, and I'm going to (probably) be lead on Pan-Pacifica. So it made more sense for Darrell to be lead on something else and slot that in after Cyberpapacy, especially since we're moving into the busy period of my day job and writing 50,000+ words in a short timeframe is not as doable during the winter.

Plus Tharkold has also been my "I'm not sure I grok this" cosms...at least until we got the idea of a three-way civil war.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Shayd3000

Postby Shayd3000 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:40 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Thought you folks might want to know, we've tweaked the cosm wave order. Now it'll be:

3. Aysle
4. Cyberpapacy
5. Tharkold
6. Pan-Pacifica
7. Orrorsh

What happened to Core Earth and the multi-cosm big book adventure that was to go with it that was mentioned to have been moved up in line during the LL KS? I was not a fan of moving that up, but now wondering where it fits as I don't see it in the list....

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”