Cosm order

TorgHacker

Re: Cosm order

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Shayd3000 wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:Thought you folks might want to know, we've tweaked the cosm wave order. Now it'll be:

3. Aysle
4. Cyberpapacy
5. Tharkold
6. Pan-Pacifica
7. Orrorsh

What happened to Core Earth and the multi-cosm big book adventure that was to go with it that was mentioned to have been moved up in line during the LL KS? I was not a fan of moving that up, but now wondering where it fits as I don't see it in the list....

The plans with the Core Earth book and the multi-cosm adventure(s) are still significantly in flux. But they're definitely in the mix...we just haven't settled on exactly where and how. They're certainly not dropped.

We're just not really to say anything about it yet.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:52 pm

So, the gist is that Core Earth is not going to be it's own 'wave' anymore. You'll see the Relics of Power and Lifeblood multi-cosm adventures come out during the Year 1 stuff, and we might have a Core Earth booster in the mix too. But they'd be part of one of the other waves, not on its own.

If we do something more substantial with Core Earth, it would be the first of the Year 2 stuff.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:41 am

The fact that Tharkhold got bumped up makes me very, very happy. IMO, that's the cosm that absolutely needs more explanation and detail. And I know it's been said before by others, but I hope there's a bit of "Mojoworld (comic) / Brazil (movie)" influence, where each tier of society is kept in line primarily because they're able to watch the relatively-worse misery of the tier immediately below them and think, "Well, my life is bad, but at least I'm not those losers!"

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:52 am

As an Orrorsh player this is disappointing, however I understand I am in a very small minority. Hopefully the sets continue to have stuff like the Player Beta Primer to keep giving things to the players outside of those cosms. Because waiting all the way for the 9th book for things for my character is going to be very hard lol.

Atama

Postby Atama » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Joshua wrote:As an Orrorsh player this is disappointing, however I understand I am in a very small minority.

You decided to make an Orrorsh character. You chose to be miserable! ;)

Rocketeer

Postby Rocketeer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:14 pm

I have a player with an Electric Samurai character in my group. The group will be at Gamma Clearance level well before the Pan-Pacifica book is released. This will be an awkward situation, especially since the Nile Empire character will soon have access to a lot more character options, and the Core Earth character has the Beta Clearance Primer material to work with.

Something that would be helpful, would be some sneak peeks into future cosm books. Not at the level of detail shown in the Nile Empire Previews (although that would be extremely nice), but just some general indication of what is expected to be in each of the books. For example, will the Pan-Pacifica book just add Perks to the Electric Samurai and Ki Powers categories, or can we expect something new in addition to those? Will there be Psionic Powers unique to Pan-Pacifica? Etc.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Rocketeer wrote:I have a player with an Electric Samurai character in my group. The group will be at Gamma Clearance level well before the Pan-Pacifica book is released. This will be an awkward situation, especially since the Nile Empire character will soon have access to a lot more character options, and the Core Earth character has the Beta Clearance Primer material to work with.

Something that would be helpful, would be some sneak peeks into future cosm books. Not at the level of detail shown in the Nile Empire Previews (although that would be extremely nice), but just some general indication of what is expected to be in each of the books. For example, will the Pan-Pacifica book just add Perks to the Electric Samurai and Ki Powers categories, or can we expect something new in addition to those? Will there be Psionic Powers unique to Pan-Pacifica? Etc.

With the caveat that we haven't even written the outline for Pan-Pacifica...yes, there will be more Perks than just Electric Samurai and Ki Powers. What else, I have some ideas but a) we don't know if those ideas will work, or b) we decide to go a different direction. There will be unique psionic powers to Pan-Pacifica, but again, I have some ideas, but don't know if those ideas work or not.

And realistically until we actually sit down to start development on it, we don't know what all new stuff could end up in there. There's something coming in the Cyberpapacy that I hadn't even thought of until I sat down to start the outline, but even then until it goes through development I don't know what survives, or what has to get cut for space reasons, etc.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:26 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
mistervimes wrote:Are you still aiming for (roughly) two a year?

At the seminar at GenCon we said basically that starting with the Nile Empire Kickstarter we will not wait until everything ships to start the following ones. So it'll be one every four months.

Given the May 2019 timeframe for the Nile Kickstarter, have the practicalities of production meant a revision of this timetable to something closer to one every six months?

The quality of the product (including the writing) has been so high fans such as me might need to temper their impatience. Can't wait to the reimagined Relics of Power, as well as everything else down the road!

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 pm

Kanaris wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
mistervimes wrote:Are you still aiming for (roughly) two a year?

At the seminar at GenCon we said basically that starting with the Nile Empire Kickstarter we will not wait until everything ships to start the following ones. So it'll be one every four months.

Given the May 2019 timeframe for the Nile Kickstarter, have the practicalities of production meant a revision of this timetable to something closer to one every six months?

The quality of the product (including the writing) has been so high fans such as me might need to temper their impatience. Can't wait to the reimagined Relics of Power, as well as everything else down the road!

No. We had to wait on this one because we said we wouldn't launch until most of the backers had their physical product for the Living Land. We basically needed to establish that yes, even though we might be a bit late, you ARE going to get your stuff.

But now the 'it's taking too long' aspect becomes a bigger issue, since we think we've established some trust there. We've got Aysle lined up pretty good right now, and Cyberpapacy is in production too (though that is admittedly on hold while I finish off my final Nile Empire passes).
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:19 pm

Thank you, Deanna :D I agree that USNA has established trust, and am glad the plan for the medium term is more or less on schedule after ironing out some minor production issues. My group has a huge Tharkold fan who is very excited about the changes to that cosm and can't wait for more!

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”