Share your Torg Eternity characters and archetypes!

pkitty

Re: Share your Torg Eternity characters and archetypes!

Postby pkitty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:19 pm

Wakshani wrote:(If you haven't houseruled Reality to it instead of Spirit, you really should. It smooths things over muchly!)

It was the first house rule I adopted and the only one I wouldn't drop for any reason. Changing reality to Cha-based means that Torg no longer has a clear dump stat; every attribute is valuable and necessary.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Spatula wrote:The Elf Lordling, Starting PC

For a slightly different take of the same idea, I sought to make an elf warrior loaded with all the magic items and capable of casting minor magics, in exchange for a less fancy mount. This character carries the arms and armor of some heroic ancestor (only one of which is Arcane because of item restrictions), seeking to live up to an impossible legacy.

The cantrips are castable in Aysle only, unless the character picks up the Cantrips perk later on.

Cosm: Aysle (Magic: 24, Social: 16, Spirit: 18, Tech: 14)
Attributes: Charisma 7, Dexterity 8, Mind 8, Spirit 7, Strength 10
Skills: Alteration 10, apportation 8, conjuration 8, divination 9, dodge 8, faith 8, melee weapons (F) 11, missile weapons 10, persuasion 9, reality 10, scholar 9, unarmed combat 8
Interactions: Intimidation 7, maneuver 8, taunt 7, trick 8
Dodge Defense: 11 (3); Melee: 14 (3); Unarmed: 11 (3)
Move: 8 (24); Tough: 14 (4); Shock: 7; Wounds: 3

Weapons:
  • Aradel's Blade (Strength +3/13, Melee Weapons is Favored, +1 to Melee Weapons, Arcane; Enchantments: Favoring, Skill +1)
  • Aradel's Bow (Damage 13, Ammo 1, Range 40/80/160, Min Str 7+, Two Handed, Enchanted; Enchantment: Far-Reaching)
  • Shield Bash (Strength +1/11)
Armor & Shields:
  • Aradel's Armor (Tough +4, Fatigues, Full Body, Enchanted; Enchantment: Armor +1)
  • Aradel's Shield (Defense +3, Enchanted; Enchantment: Shield +1)
Gear: Candles, Everlit Lamp (Enchanted, Light out to 5m), Hemp Rope, 10 meters, Holy Symbol (Elmiir), Precious Gemstones, Quiver, Saddlebags, $200 in gold coins

Perks: Heirloom (Gain Arcane item worth up to $15,000. Option: Create Custom Arcane Item. Item: Longsword. Enhancements: Favoring, Skill +1), Wealthy (Start with $10,000. Persuasion and Streetwise are Favored when purchasing)
Possibilities: 3
Special Abilities:
  • Darkvision: Ignore 4 points of darkness penalties.
  • Graceful: Dexterity tests are Favored.
  • Magical Affinity: +1 Shock on Fatigue when Magic less than 12.
Cantrips (Aysle Only): detect fake currency, find things, fix object, focus, playful wind, start fire, water breathing

Horse
Skill
: Beast Riding
Tech: 3; Top Speed: 50 mph (11) Fast; Passengers: 1; MR: 0; Size: Normal; Wounds: 1; Tough: 13

Here Comes The Flood

Postby Here Comes The Flood » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:24 pm

pkitty wrote:
Wakshani wrote:(If you haven't houseruled Reality to it instead of Spirit, you really should. It smooths things over muchly!)

It was the first house rule I adopted and the only one I wouldn't drop for any reason. Changing reality to Cha-based means that Torg no longer has a clear dump stat; every attribute is valuable and necessary.

I know the Paraverse already does this, and it feels like a no-brainer. Spirit is already frontloaded with Psionics, Magic and Defeat saves, as well as all Miracles.

This way, players aren't penalised for wanting Action Movie Charisma, and it actually explains why their confidence protects and empowers them.

As someone (might have been Spatula?) put it; a character having a dump stat is fine. A system having one is not.
“When the night shows, the signals grow on radios
All the strange things, they come and go, as early warnings…”

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:59 pm

The Dark Harpy, Starting PC

Are you a good person-err, half-folk? Well... no. Do you worship the gods of Darkness? I mean, sometimes. Did you wage war on followers of the Light? Yeah, okay, but... that was in the past, y'know?

You heard that saying on Aysle, "There's no honor among the black-hearted"? You knew that saying. Lands below, you lived that saying! And at the same time, you never thought they would turn on you. You were too valuable! Too good at what you did! Even if you were a shrill-voiced half-bird-folk, you never expected them to stab you in the feathered back. But stab you they did.

And now? Now they're all gonna pay for it...

This character uses the harpy writeup from the appendix in Cracking Tales of Aysle (I'm surprised they didn't call it Epic Tales or Aysle Tales of Adventure or something like that). It mentions that harpies are associated with the Darkness, which I thought, hey maybe I could run with that?

Harpies can't use most tools, not having hands or arms. Maybe they could hold a spear in their talons? But that would be just as good as their talons. In any case I thought I'd go for a character that's Charisma and Interaction focused, despite the harpy's low maximum Charisma. The Dark Past perk from the Nile Backer Archetypes seemed like a good fit as well. Frightening Aspect would hopefully allow the character to overcome the smaller Destiny card hand size, and leads to Smiling Deceiver. And the character has no trouble qualifying for most Social and Leadership perks.

Cosm: Aysle (Magic: 24, Social: 16, Spirit: 18, Tech: 14)
Attributes: Charisma 9, Dexterity 8, Mind 7, Spirit 8, Strength 7
Skills: Dodge 10, find 9, intimidation (F) 10, persuasion 12, reality 10, stealth 10, taunt 12
Interactions: Intimidation (F) 10, maneuver 8, taunt 12, trick 7
Dodge Defense: 10; Melee: 8; Unarmed: 8
Move: 8 (24); Tough: 10 (3); Shock: 8; Wounds: 3

Armor & Shields: Elven Chain (Tough +3, Torso)
Gear: Jewelry

Perks: Dark Past (-1 Destiny Card, +2 Possibilities, can play Connection to get favor from villain), Frightening Aspect* (-1 Cha. Intimidation is Favored and get best of two cards when Approved)
Possibilities: 5

Special Abilities:
Magical Affinity: +1 Shock on Fatigue when Magic less than 12.
Shrill: -2 Persuasion vs. non-fae.
Size: Can't use human armor/clothes unless it's only for the Torso or head.
Talons: Damage Strength +2 (9).
Unique: This Storm Knight is the only member of this race in the campaign.
Wings: No hands (only talons), can move 10 (30) in the air.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Who is... the Question???, Starting PC

With apologies to the DC character of the same name...

A detective crime-fighter that could be anyone, anywhere, at any time! Infiltrating criminal organizations and destroying them from within (or gathering evidence for the authorities, in places where they can be trusted) is the Question's stock in trade. The hero's only weakness - the color red! (or some other common color) For whatever reason, he/she can't incorporate that color when appearing as someone else.

The Question
Cosm: Nile Empire (Magic: 14, Social: 20, Spirit: 18, Tech: 20)
Attributes: Charisma 9, Dexterity 7, Mind 8, Spirit 9, Strength 7
Skills: Find 10, first aid (F) 8, lockpicking 8, persuasion 11, reality 11, stealth 9, taunt 11, trick 10, willpower 12
Interactions: Intimidation 9, maneuver 7, taunt 11, trick 10
Dodge Defense: 7; Melee: 7; Unarmed: 7
Move: 7 (21); Tough: 8 (1); Shock: 9; Wounds: 3
Weapons: Unarmed Strike (Strength +0/7), Webley Revolver (Damage 14, Ammo 6, Range 10/25/40)
Armor & Shields: Protective Ankh +1 (Tough +1, Full Body, Holy)
Gear: Backpack, Binoculars, Cigarettes, First Aid Kit (First Aid is Favored), Flashlight, Handcuffs, Hemp Rope (10 meters), Lighter, Lock Picks, Radio Receiver, Tracking Device
Perks: Chameleon* (Change appearance to mimic a generic person. Enhancements: Doppelganger. Limits: Can't Mimic a Specific Color, Causes 3 Shock to Activate), Mind Reading* (Opposed Willpower test to scan touched target's memories)
Possibilities: 3

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:08 pm

I've been working on some archetypes as part of an Infiniverse product but thought I'd share one. This one is the kind of beast GMs need to work around. ;)

Amusingly I see now I'm missing a skill add, guess I gotta figure where that's going still...

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”