Aysle Pledgemanager is Active

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Irisheyes

Re: Aysle Pledgemanager is Active

Postby Irisheyes » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Pledge manager is missing the Limited edition book.

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Did anyone else get an odd balance when paying postage?

My pledge was only out by $1 so not fussed but I was wondering if the shift between my currency (£), the kickstarter currency (€) and the pledge manager currency ($) was shifting even after the kickstarter locked and the funds were transferred.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

Irisheyes

Postby Irisheyes » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Another cosm pledge down, now onward to cyberpapacy.

xshrekx

Postby xshrekx » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:40 am

Count Thalim wrote:Did anyone else get an odd balance when paying postage?

My pledge was only out by $1 so not fussed but I was wondering if the shift between my currency (£), the kickstarter currency (€) and the pledge manager currency ($) was shifting even after the kickstarter locked and the funds were transferred.

My pledge was off, too. The currency conversion is quite anoying, I think. I wonder... why use kickstarter at all?
Every Torg Supporter has a GameOnTableTop account by now. So why not use GoT for crowdfunding and as pledge manager?

I think for the first fundings it was very wise to use kickstarter since everyone interested in crowd funded TTRPG has an account and the platform is widely known. But maybe sometime in the future it can became viable to drop kickstarter?

Using only one platform could eliminate the currency confusion. Maybe GoT allows for a projekt in $$ even for a european company?
Even I (based in europe) would rather pledge in $ and have the only, fixed currency conversion happen when my card is credited. And I really would like it if the amount I pledged does in fact account for all items I pledged for.

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:41 am

xshrekx wrote: So why not use GoT for crowdfunding and as pledge manager?

Shifting crowdfunding platform while halfway through their run of cosm books feels a bit more risky than sticking with Kickstarter. A lot of us are comfortable with KS and even though we have GoT accounts now are more likely to back on the platform we know.

I don't know how the back end structure is set up with US at the moment but from the sound of things they moved from the US America account to the core US one based in Germany, hence the euro complication.

Maybe they could move back to the US America account for those that will be run in $ or the core US company could open an American based one to run them in $.

I get the feeling that the euro fixed rates were unexpected so we will see if the fx complication is worth the benefits they have gained from centralising everything in one account and team.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

xshrekx

Postby xshrekx » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 am

Count Thalim wrote:Shifting crowdfunding platform while halfway through their run of cosm books feels a bit more risky than sticking with Kickstarter. A lot of us are comfortable with KS and even though we have GoT accounts now are more likely to back on the platform we know.

Yes, might very well be. There is truth in your statement. If switching platform resultes in loosing backers it is not worth it.

Count Thalim wrote:Maybe they could move back to the US America account for those that will be run in $ or the core US company could open an American based one to run them in $.

In my opinion: As long as the currency conversion issue can be eliminated, I am happy. So yes. buy all means an US account for running the campaing in $ and pledge manager in $ will be fine for me.

It just seems to me as if the multiple currency switching is not working very well.

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:41 am

Having had a look on the kickstarter comments thread I have to agree with you. $1 is neither here nor there but some people appear to have been stung by bigger fx movements and there are a lot of Americans who are not used to having to pay in a currency other than dollars.

The rest of us are a bit more used to it... A bit like some of the comments I've read about having to wait for Dr Who.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:24 am

I didn't have any issues, though I did sit down with a currency converter to roughly figure how much I needed to pledge to cover shipping + add ons.

Padre

Postby Padre » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:06 pm

I was off by $5. It could be that I miscalculated, but I think It was the currency conversion. I'm not worried about it.

Padre
Last edited by Padre on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”