Printable Day One characters?

greybird

Printable Day One characters?

Postby greybird » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:55 pm

I'm wanting to start playing soon with the Day One adventures. The problem is that it's intended to be played with pregens, and the character sheet set is 84 pages long, all color, and border-to-border content. Printing services would charge more than the hardbacks, and the cost of printing them at home would be terrible. Even if I set them to print in grayscale, I'd likely go through several cartridges with all of the background elements.

Are there any versions of this out there that are more... practical?

Spatula

Re: Printable Day One characters?

Postby Spatula » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Nothing official that I'm aware of. It is a bit of a bear since each character has two sheets.

It would be a fair amount of typing, but if you're using Windows you could enter the characters in my character generator app (see sig) and then print them out using one of the non-Eternity formats.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:52 pm

Yeah, your best bet is to type 'em up in Word or the like, probably in a shorter format where you can get 2-4 to a page, and print 'em out in black and white.

The full versions are … weighty.

greybird

Postby greybird » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:13 am

Ouch. That adds quite a bit of prep. I'll likely do it one adventure at a time, as we usually only meet every couple of weeks. I just can't justify spending double the price of the adventure to get them printed.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 am

greybird wrote:I'm wanting to start playing soon with the Day One adventures. The problem is that it's intended to be played with pregens, and the character sheet set is 84 pages long, all color, and border-to-border content. Printing services would charge more than the hardbacks, and the cost of printing them at home would be terrible. Even if I set them to print in grayscale, I'd likely go through several cartridges with all of the background elements.

Are there any versions of this out there that are more... practical?

The pregens are actually in Day One as well, and in a much more compact form. The character sheets were a frequently requested thing from fans.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”