Need input on published adventures

greybird

Need input on published adventures

Postby greybird » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:55 pm

I've been running through Day One with my group, and I'm reaching a point where I want to run something a little less restrictive (not a criticism - one shots need to be restrictive to be one-shots.) I'm looking at the already published stuff (I have 30 years of GMing experience, but almost all of it is fantasy), and wanted to get some input. What I'm seeing:

~The God Box: Living Land only, five acts.
~The Fires of Ra: Nile Empire only, seven acts
~Delphi Missions - Various: Single session type stuff that can be used elsewhere
~When Cosms Collide: Seems to be Aysle only, possibly five acts (hard to find specifics on it, and not available yet anyway.)
~Revenge of the Carredon: Also seems to be Aysle only, also hard to find info and not actually available yet
~Relics of Power: A rewriting of the original (of which I have to complete copies), but not yet complete. I backed for this, but there's no real ETA.

So, three in the works, but only two published. It seems like the only real options are The God Box and Fires of Ra. Is this correct?

If so, how are they? Do they involve any cross-realm elements at all? Are the acts written in such a way that they'll actually correspond to a 4-6 hour session?

Istrian

Re: Need input on published adventures

Postby Istrian » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:07 pm

Revenge of the Carredon & When Cosms Collide are actually available (I've got them on my shelf :) )

God Box & Fires of Ra are single-cosm, as is RotC. The first two have their own threads in the forum, plenty of feedback there.

I'd say the most "multi-cosm" full adventure available so far is When Cosms Collide. I've only read it, I'd say it's the most whacky of the lot. It takes place only in Aysle but involves a LOT of other cosms.

greybird

Postby greybird » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Istrian wrote:Revenge of the Carredon & When Cosms Collide are actually available (I've got them on my shelf :) )

Where did you get it? It isn't on the US site store, Amazon, or DTRPG.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:18 pm

My guess is the Kickstarter version. I don’t have mine yet (North America), and it’ll be a few months perhaps before stores get Aysle.

I know the first two acts of Relics of Power take place in different cosms, and the powers involved come from all over. I have not read Acts 3-5, but I am 100% positive they will take place in three other cosms, based on the conclusion of Act 2.

The neat thing about RoP is that you don’t have to run it straight through. You can do other acts in between. As I understand it, Fires of Ra can be done the same way.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:20 pm

Kuildeous wrote:My guess is the Kickstarter version.

Exactly

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:23 pm

So is it true there is no ETA on RoP?

greybird

Postby greybird » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Kuildeous wrote:I know the first two acts of Relics of Power take place in different cosms, and the powers involved come from all over. I have not read Acts 3-5, but I am 100% positive they will take place in three other cosms, based on the conclusion of Act 2.

RoP really sounds like what I want (and I loved the original), but it's just not out there yet. I'd consider 1-5 and either delaying the end until release with Delphi stuff or trying to pen my own ending, but from what I can tell, those were only available as KS exclusives.

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:12 pm

TiaMaster wrote:So is it true there is no ETA on RoP?

Acts 3-5 are part of the Aysle kickstarter IIRC, with the remainder and HC print copy part of the Cyberpapacy kickstarter.

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Each of the mega-adventures focuses on a different cosm - naturally the one they're attached to in the kickstarter. I've found that for our group - one of the mega-adventures followed by a variety of palette cleansers in different cosms followed by another mega-adventure works well. I think it really depends on how much cosm hopping your group likes to do.

greybird

Postby greybird » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:24 pm

Have 3-5 even been released yet? Last I heard they weren't releasing until they start fulfilling the print items. At least in NA they aren't even to the distribution hubs yet, at least from what's available on KS.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”