Need input on published adventures

Greymarch2000

Re: Need input on published adventures

Postby Greymarch2000 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:34 pm

I think a lot of it also depends on what you mean by finding the one-shots too restrictive. The Delphi Mission adventures are generally very short, most only really being one or two Scenes in length so more like a quick side thing than a full blown evening. The other adventures are fairly linear due to the Act/Scene structure, especially God Box and Fires of Ra. Revenge of the Carredon gives an illusion of choice (at least in the order) to the players so it depends on their reaction.

Relics of Power has been set up so there's a natural delay between Acts 2 and 3 so you could run that and see how it goes. Also have you seen Burden of Glory? It's a free adventure on their website that works as kind of a prequel in a sense to it.

Generally I'd poll your players to see if they want to be realm-hopping or focus on one cosm. The mega-adventures will lock you in one place for a while. They're good and fun, but a bit of a commitment.

greybird

Postby greybird » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:05 pm

By restrictive I meant forced linearity. Railroading. Again, that's not an insult. A campaign full of railroading can be a negative, but in a one shot, it's usually necessary, and not a problem as everyone walks in expecting it. But long term both my players and I want a bit more freedom.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 pm

greybird wrote:Have 3-5 even been released yet? Last I heard they weren't releasing until they start fulfilling the print items. At least in NA they aren't even to the distribution hubs yet, at least from what's available on KS.

Relics Acts 3-5 will come with the Secrets of the Dread Council and the Aysle Backer Archetypes. The latter are finishing up now.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:17 pm

greybird wrote:By restrictive I meant forced linearity. Railroading. Again, that's not an insult. A campaign full of railroading can be a negative, but in a one shot, it's usually necessary, and not a problem as everyone walks in expecting it. But long term both my players and I want a bit more freedom.

I haven't found them any more restrictive that most other published adventures. By necessity a pre-written adventure needs to be widely applicable and tell a complete story. My group is fine with the sort of mission oriented style of play we employ with Torg Eternity (the Council wants you to do X in Y cosm) but for other groups you may need to read through the adventure and get an idea as to what the main goal of the different Acts are and find a way to work them in as your group goes about their business.

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:16 pm

greybird wrote:Have 3-5 even been released yet? Last I heard they weren't releasing until they start fulfilling the print items. At least in NA they aren't even to the distribution hubs yet, at least from what's available on KS.

No, 3-5 haven't been released yet, but the PDFs should be released (to Aysle backers) in the next few weeks. I expect that the final two acts will be released to Cyberpapacy backers as PDFs at some point, then USNA will wait a little bit for errata to get spotted before they put the final version into print.

(First part based on statements made, second part based on observed behavior. No inside info.)
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:28 am

pkitty wrote:

No, 3-5 haven't been released yet, but the PDFs should be released (to Aysle backers) in the next few weeks. I expect that the final two acts will be released to Cyberpapacy backers as PDFs at some point, then USNA will wait a little bit for errata to get spotted before they put the final version into print.

(First part based on statements made, second part based on observed behavior. No inside info.)

Technically, we're actually releasing 3-5 with Acts 1 and 2 as well. Similarly when Acts 6 and 7 come out, it'll be the full pdf
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:19 am

TorgHacker wrote:Technically, we're actually releasing 3-5 with Acts 1 and 2 as well. Similarly when Acts 6 and 7 come out, it'll be the full pdf

Oh, nice. So Cyberpapacy backers will get the whole thing (PDF) even if they weren't able to back Nile and Aysle.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 am

pkitty wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:Technically, we're actually releasing 3-5 with Acts 1 and 2 as well. Similarly when Acts 6 and 7 come out, it'll be the full pdf

Oh, nice. So Cyberpapacy backers will get the whole thing (PDF) even if they weren't able to back Nile and Aysle.

Yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

greybird

Postby greybird » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:51 pm

Thanks, everyone, for all of the input. I've got a lot to consider. If this were a genre I was more familiar with I'd be writing my own content, but I've been beating my head against the wall figuring out how to do that for Torg.

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:58 pm

greybird wrote:Thanks, everyone, for all of the input. I've got a lot to consider. If this were a genre I was more familiar with I'd be writing my own content, but I've been beating my head against the wall figuring out how to do that for Torg.

I find you can't go too wrong if rather than think of Torg as it's own genre you start from writing in the genre the cosm is. Then sprinkle some Torg weirdness on top like a seasoning :)

I've had success with using classic D&D modules as a launch point for an Aysle adventure or Shadowrun missions for the Cyberpapacy.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”