Topics for Designer Diaries

TorgHacker

Topics for Designer Diaries

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:25 am

Hey all, we're going to be starting up the Designer Diaries again, so was wondering what topics you were interested in.

I'm already planning to do one on Relics of Power once it's finished.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

graethynne

Re: Topics for Designer Diaries

Postby graethynne » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:31 pm

I'd love one on GMing philosophy. As evidenced by some of my clumsier questions on here, GMing Torg can be a pretty different beast from other more linear and straightforward RPGs. You folks have some assumptions in mind when you write adventures, approaches and so forth. You can't cover every eventuality, so how you decide what are the essentially elements to give GMs, what are they nice to have's if there is space, and what are the pieces that pretty much as a matter of course GMs have to work out on their own in the moment (or in advance for GMs who, what's the word....prepare? :lol: )

A tangent to this one might be, the stuff that isn't included in published adventures because it ultimately isn't that important most of the time.

Thanks! And if that made no sense I can try to reformulate it, or else just move on to suggestions that do make sense :D

Grae

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:41 am

Oh and another....encounter mix/design. Right now I mostly crib from published encounters or give myself wide latitude to flex based on how the early rounds go. But I'd love further insight on how to plan original encounters from the front end.

Grae

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:12 pm

I can do one on the philosophy of Aylsish magic if desired. Just give me the parameters of how big and/or detailed you want and I'm good to go.
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”