Salutations, gentle sentients

Alustro

Salutations, gentle sentients

Postby Alustro » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:05 pm

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everybody. I'm Bill Bridges, co-creator of Fading Suns and the original line developer, as well as the voice of Guiseppe Alustro. I will be heading up the new incarnation with Ulisses. It's early yet, so I can't give any definitive answers about just what we're doing with it, but I plan to tell you about it when I can.

It's exciting to be back in the Known Worlds. I'd like to thank everyone who kept Fading Suns alive all these years -- players, GMs, FASA, Redbrick, and all. Despite any sectarian conflict that might have developed, we're all pilgrims of the Pancreator walking within the light.

-- bill
BILL BRIDGES
Fading Suns sage, Vau spy, & King of the Vagabonds
bill-bridges.com

ragnarol

Re: Salutations, gentle sentients

Postby ragnarol » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Wow! That's a salutation worthy of this forums!

I am really glad you will be hanging around here! Also that you take the name of Alustro, I am looking forward reading his diaries, and finding out if he finally managed to find Yathrib (couriosly enough one of my players playing an Ortodox priest choose the same mission for his character, without having read "Heretics & Outsiders").

Now you are here maybe you can drop us some hints of what to come? Some suggestiong, don't feel under preasure, I can wait until August anyway :)

- System, stick with VPS (or an evolution of it), something new? Something existent (Savage Worlds? Fate?). If the books are still "content" heavy I don't really mind the system!
- Timeline, will it progress?
- Can we expect WitH3? :D
- Will everything start from scratch (publishing new versions of previous books) or we will see fully new content?
- What about some fiction like "Sinful Stars"?

I am just getting more excited every day!

Alustro

Postby Alustro » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Some answers...

ragnarol wrote:- System, stick with VPS (or an evolution of it), something new? Something existent (Savage Worlds? Fate?). If the books are still "content" heavy I don't really mind the system!

The current idea is an evolution of VPS. Doesn't rule out spin-offs with other systems, but the core and the main line will be "evolved" VPS.
ragnarol wrote:- Timeline, will it progress?

Yes.
ragnarol wrote:- Can we expect WitH3? :D

Yes.
ragnarol wrote:- Will everything start from scratch (publishing new versions of previous books) or we will see fully new content?

Fully new content, maybe with some old peppered in here and there, but substantially new.
ragnarol wrote:- What about some fiction like "Sinful Stars"?

I hope so. Concentrating on the new core book and line first, though.
BILL BRIDGES
Fading Suns sage, Vau spy, & King of the Vagabonds
bill-bridges.com

ragnarol

Postby ragnarol » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks for the promptly answers Bill!

Looking forward it!

The Kurgan

Postby The Kurgan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:33 pm

This is amazing! I wonder if the whole WitH series will be revamped and hopefully extended. Certainly I would not mind getting more fluff on the Symbiots and the Vau.

Nborys

Postby Nborys » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:12 pm

New edition of VPS...Sold.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Wow, that's some real upcoming events!

Thanks for being around and alive with your own setting!

Wow again! 8-)

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Good to see Alustro/Bill here!

=)

Hope all goes well in the FS development!
Holz

To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute force ain't working, you ain't using enough.

My Fading Suns Blog: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:00 am

Bill,

I am super-excited to see you involved with the product. In the run up to Origins I missed the post here so I didn't find out until I talked to Chris W. :) I am hoping I can get to the announcement at Gen Con, but I might have to send someone to record it for me as I am committed at the same time to running a Noble Armada demo. :)

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:01 pm

I know, really late on the uptake here. But the sentiments are what counts.

Glad you're back in the Universe!

Fading Suns has been my favorite game setting since I discovered it on the shelves at Barnes and Noble way back in the 1e days. Ever since then it's been a passion for sure. I've played in games, tried to run them (The perrenial problem of being in a less populated area, and now adulthood, getting game groups to last!). Nevertheless it's been a huge part of my life. I can't wait to see what's in store.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (FS)”