Gearing characters

TNMalt

Gearing characters

Postby TNMalt » Tue May 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Guess I'll get the party started. Long time fan of the game. So, just rolled a brother battle to test things out and had a few thoughts on equipment. What I did when rounding out the character with a tour was to put the +2 bonus into the tech stat. Reasoning that this would justify purchasing gear up to tech 5 and be more familiar with if not really using higher tech gear. Annnd I wanted to justify plasteel plate armor.

ragnarol

Re: Gearing characters

Postby ragnarol » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Uhm for "simple" equipment like swords and plain armor I wouldn't require a higher tech rating, your character may not know how or why his equipment is better than iron-age versions of the same but he could use it.

A different story is equipment that requires some interfacing: adept robes, think machines or that have "creepy" effects if you are not familiar to them (like nanobots covering your skin) those ones would probably require a higher Tech Rating.

Leviathan of Maddoc

Re: Gearing characters

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 pm

I'd say there are gradient benifits to understanding technology, even if it's relatively low tech. You can strap high tech armor to anyone and they can wear it but properly caring for that armor requires some understanding of the material.

Return to “Rules Questions (FS)”