Strange that nobody talk about FS February diary

Grummore

Strange that nobody talk about FS February diary

Postby Grummore » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Does anybody has read the February diary?

http://www.ulisses-us.com/fading-suns-d ... uary-2018/

I'm curious to hear your opinion! On the FS group, there a discussion about it. I won't spoil anything said there (for now) and I'm sure some of you are already in this group. I'm just curious about those who aren't in the FS FBgroup and their opinion about it. Not that I do not want comments from others, but let's see what you think about it, then we could add 8-)

Dulahan

Re: Strange that nobody talk about FS February diary

Postby Dulahan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 pm

I think it's not helping how quiet this forum is. But I'm extremely actively talking about it on the FS Group and on RPGnet. I mean, I check it every day. But a lot seem to only go every week, and there's what? 5 of us active on it. :(

Needless to say, it is not looking like a popular design decision at all. And I personally went from extremely excited to not even sure if it will be worth buying in 1000 words or less. Bill's attempts to mitigate the damage on the facebook group have only made it worse for me, because it's showing he's coming from a design standpoint that is a polar opposite of my own tastes.

Will it be a good system? It might be. But just because something is good doesn't mean everyone has to like it. I personally find D&D 5e to be the opposite of fun. But many of my friends love it! I understand it's very much a great system and it's quite popular. It's just not for me.

So for FS 4e to be a Class + Level system with levels giving you a growing Meta Resource (The Vault) and Vitality, not to mention gated skills and such? That's a pretty hard no-sell for me. If I wanted Starfinder I'd play Starfinder. And I like having organic growth, not burst growth. And if we find out things like your Social Rank in a faction are tied to your 'level to boot? UGH.

Leviathan of Maddoc

Re: Strange that nobody talk about FS February diary

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:34 pm

This is the company website. I feel if I don't have something positive to say I shouldn't be saying it here. I believe things will sort themselves out for better or worse.

Return to “Rules Questions (FS)”