Towns Crier's - Guild Novemeber 2017

ragnarol

Towns Crier's - Guild Novemeber 2017

Postby ragnarol » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 am

I think its a good idea to open a thread to discuss the latest advances on the FS timeline. :)

Just finished reading the Towns Crier report and this are my comments/questions!

- So, Emperor Alexius is still unmarried? I would have expected him to have married and have a successor.
- Lady Theafanalost in Simbiot space and thought dead? That could raise a lot of questions by itself, and is probably one of the best adventure hooks in a while! Recover her relics, recover her body, find her alive, find her alive an unwilling simbiont, find her alive and willingly simbiont!
- Salandra expedition to Vuldrok space, what was she looking for there?
- Prince Hyram sadness for Lady Theafana? Did I miss something about their relationship?
- A new potential sect of anti-technological zealots. Interesting, and they claim to have contact with a new Empyrean inteligence!
- And Pandemonium still on the spot light, Erian was closed to find the Profet first world, and this new Li Halan lady is also in quest for the Profet.

In summary, a report full of interesting data, that leaves you waiting for more!

Dulahan

Re: Towns Crier's - Guild Novemeber 2017

Postby Dulahan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:07 pm

No lie. I'm more than a little bit disappointed that the step to either Marry off Alexius, or freeze the setting at an earlier year wasn't taken. Even not married by the time the 2e books took place was starting to stretch belief in a noble society. Not the least of which for a new emperor. an Heir is a must!

Hopefully if comes out he's got a few illegitimate ones. Or a secret marriage somewhere.

ragnarol

Postby ragnarol » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:52 am

The latest sourcebooks (spies & revolutionaries and heretics & outsiders) seem to hint the possibility of a heir already there.

But yes I guess a marriage is a must!

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:02 am

But that's the thing, it was a MUST 17 years ago! Now it's just beyond ridiculously overdue. Especially for the founder of an Imperial Line. I mean, that was a huge part of the First Emperor, no heir. Heir and a Spare is just, well, key in such a situation. Even more so since Alexius is obviously trying to split from the Hawkwood line and be Emperor for all Houses.

ragnarol

Postby ragnarol » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 am

What if Alexius is virtually immortal? Clones, mind backups, he is really an AI, or a empyrean/clipoth entity in body form... And no one knows, that will made the need of heir less, but it will still arise discord... But maybe other key players (princes) know and are ok with it?

Just wondering here. ;)

Maybe Teaflana knew too much and had to be put down, conveniently sacrificing herself in the war against the symbionts

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:33 pm

That's so beyond heresy it's not funny! Ever came out I doubt he'd hold power for long at all.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 pm

It could simply lead to an important adventure where all noble Houses would demand his destitution since he can't fully plan a peaceful future for the Known Worlds.

Return to “Setting Discussion (FS)”