Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay

Eric USNA

Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:31 am

Ulisses North America can now confirm that we have secured the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay license. We have announced our first product line, Wrath & Glory!

HEX the Dark

Re: Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 am

Here, too:
Congratulation guys! That's great news!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

awanderingfool

Postby awanderingfool » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 am

Wonderful to see. I've been generally happy with the quality of what I've seen in TDE/DSA, and hope that the lessons on layout and editing will mean that the 40k release will be world-class. Keep up the good work, the American tabletop RPG world needs players like Ulisses Spiele! I look forward to ordering the 40k books!

xXCanCerXx

Postby xXCanCerXx » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello everyone my name is Colin, I've been a long time player of may different RPG's ( D&D, Rifts, ShadowRun, Dark Heresy, Edge of the Empire and more) I was curious if you had any possibility of sending out possible "Beta" kits for your new 40k system. I had received one a while back from one of the local stores in my city for the Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core for play testing purposes. The whole thing was under a NDA about the up and coming content at the time. It was used for play testing and balancing from the first edge of the empire system. The local store owner knew my group of players had gone through the EotE system with a campaign and had got it for us to play. There was an email address attached for us to send in questions and suggestions. Any chance of something along those lines?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums!

We're pretty far out from having any kind of development along those lines, but if we do the mailing list and these forums will be where we start finding people. So you are well set up to be on top of that. :)

-Eric

Drusus

Postby Drusus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Well, as somebody who's extensively played the FFG RPGs I guess I should get comfortable here.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this, for obvious reasons. Excited to see what's coming.

schoon

Postby schoon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 am

Congratulations to Ulisses on the license.

Having worked with Ross during the Black Industries days, I feel secure that the game is in good hands.

I'm also greatly heartened by the tone of the system - d6 dice pool based and action oriented.

I was not a fan of FFG's system - it was adequate, but I never felt it was matched well to the background. This sounds like a better fit.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:45 am

Great for Ulisses, congrats.

However I particularly liked the career and Talent based FFG system used in DH 1 & 2, along with the d10s. I really wish you didn't feel the need to replace it. At the least I hope this new d6 system will be similar and use a Career system for character generation, perhaps similar to Iron Kingdoms RPG, which is a fantastic game.

Another concern is that I really hope this won't distract you or take resources away from The Dark Eye RPG, which is IMO your main (and best) product. I love the game and want all books translated as soon as possible, especially the Magic Book, the Compendium, the Blessed Ones book and all adventures and Heroic Works.

MKP127

Postby MKP127 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:07 am

I've been running a Deathwatch game for a couple of years now and am interested in how many differences there will be between the new game and Deathwatch. We've enjoyed the background of the 40k universe but I, as the GM, wish it was more like a traditional RPG.

Here is a picture from the Space Hulk Mortis Thule of a Blood Angel Assault Marine and a Storm Warden Apothecary (with the Maul of the Gatekeeper) putting the final whacks on a former Psyker Lord-turned-portal as an Enslaver tries to break through to the material universe:

Questions for the FAQ:
    *Are the campaign packs and scenarios in Wrath & Glory going to have maps like games such as D&D or are they going to be free form like Deathwatch?
    *Are the monsters going to have levels, as in a Level 5 Ork Painboy, or is there going to be a single version of each monster?
    *Are the items going to have levels, as in a +5 Heavy Bolter or a Level 2 Power Sword?
    *This is my big one: Is there going to be a method of balancing encounters? Will the difference between three level 3 characters and five level 6 characters be purely up to the GM to calculate? Since none of the monsters in Deathwatch have a 'level' it has been difficult to design challenging encounters but not kill the characters every time.

Thank you.

Matt P

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 am

Congratulations to Ulisses!
Btw Eric do you know already if there will be kickstatrter for WH40k?
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Return to “Product Announcements”