Upcoming Releases for The Dark Eye

Morgoth

Re: Upcoming Releases for The Dark Eye

Postby Morgoth » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:32 am

Eric USNA wrote:Yes, people are aware that the Compendium and the Magic book are coming sometime in the near future because of the past German release schedule. We have not given any specifics of their English-language releases - mostly because I don't know it. I am trying to find out, but as I mentioned earlier in the summer, the way we are releasing things is changing.

I promise I will provide information here as soon as I have it. I just do not have it yet.

Hey Eric, any word on Tales of Dragons & Thieves hitting Drivethru? I have money that needs spending...

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:06 pm

The standard PDF schedule is 1 week after retail release, and I don't believe it's actually in stores yet. It's definitely not up on Paizo yet, even for pre-order. (I haven't even gotten it to give to the All the PDFs backers yet.)

The ones we had at Gen Con were a very early advance printing.

Flash

Postby Flash » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Eric USNA wrote:The standard PDF schedule is 1 week after retail release, and I don't believe it's actually in stores yet. It's definitely not up on Paizo yet, even for pre-order. (I haven't even gotten it to give to the All the PDFs backers yet.)

The ones we had at Gen Con were a very early advance printing.

When is the PDF release for us flatraters ? :lol:

Edit: Ups my reading comprehension is lacking you already mentioned it.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:44 pm

I am going to be frank and say that the current situation is unacceptable. I am most interested in if, and when Ulisses spiele plans on releasing the rest of the Theatre Knights campaign. I started the campaign on the assumption that they would be releasing them in a timely manner. I know, I assumed. It has been over 3 months since anything was released ( not counting the kickstarter). Are we going to see any more adventures in the near future?

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am

In one week I could not get ONE reply telling me ANYTHING!

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:56 am

I will post when I know. I am at the mercy of the higher-ups who are deciding the new schedule based on a number of factors. I have also passed on to them the fact that our fans are very anxious to find out our plans. I will keep nudging until I get information.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 am

In TDE the adventures are released in real-time. 1 year in TDE is 1 year in the real time. From time to time an adventure without a fixed date are released in between. Therefore you cannot expect to get each week a new adventure. The theatre knight campaign has already been released completely in Germany, but to translate all and to modify the layout takes time. Don't be angry about this fact, but look forward to a good final of the campaign.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Flash

Postby Flash » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Might be interesting to see if the English release schedule will still follow the German one of if things get mixed up a little bit.

They had for example already some preview copies at Gen Con for the hit location die set. That isn't even out in Germany.
The Andergaster comic in the Warrring Kindoms kickstarter is another example.

It would also make sense to produce the stuff for the Aventuria board games at the same time for English and German releases.
I kind of expect that to happen for all the component heavy releases that have rather few things in need to translation.

It wouldn't make sense in the long run to produce stuff like this twice. You do it once for both markets.

My bet is on some substantial reshuffling of release dates. Some things will get a much sooner English release some a later one.
Last edited by Flash on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Please understand, Eric, that my frustration is not directed at you. I have had some bad experiences with other companies in recent years and so I may come off a little gruffer then I intend. I just would like a some insight into what is coming down the line so I can plan accordingly. So please keep pushing the higher ups to give us some info. Thank You.

Return to “Product Announcements”