Upcoming Releases for The Dark Eye

tempest13

Re: Upcoming Releases for The Dark Eye

Postby tempest13 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 pm

3 months and counting since any information has been given out on new products. Running out of September to ship the Warring Kingdom stuff. No more pdfs released on the Warring Kingdoms info.

I was told in July that I would need to wait until after gencon for info. Not realizing gencon was mid August unlike the normal early August. Then I was told to wait until September. Still nothing. You can also forget about the card I was missing (as you apparently already have since nobody got back to me in the ensuing months) as I got another deck and gave the deck with the missing card to a player (there I go rewarding bad customer service).

I am now getting toward angry. Way to go Ulisses - you are know in the same category as all the other companies who promised me things on a continuing sliding itinerary and failed to deliver.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:26 pm

I am at the mercy of the information provided to me. I do not create information, I merely disseminate it.

Tempest13, I can certainly work on making it up to you as much as it is in my power to do so, but I would ask that this be posted in a different location. I won't delete your post, but I want to keep this thread focused on actual news when I am able to post it.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:45 am

Eric USNA wrote:I am at the mercy of the information provided to me. I do not create information, I merely disseminate it.

Tempest13, I can certainly work on making it up to you as much as it is in my power to do so, but I would ask that this be posted in a different location. I won't delete your post, but I want to keep this thread focused on actual news when I am able to post it.

Eric any word on new releases? That compilation of adventures for instance. Also any word on the Compendium and Magic Book?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:31 am

Here's what I know so far:

Tales of Dragons and Thieves will be going to regular retail fairly soon. (I just sent out the PDFs to the "All the PDFs through 2017" backers.)

The Compendium, Armory, and Hit Point Dice Set are all part of the next Kickstarter, and there may be a couple of other things associated with that, but I can't verify yet.

The Magic book is farther down the production queue, so it should be in the next big wave after that.

Some of the other adventure books are going to be tied to Kickstarters, but some of them may come out separately. In particular, I am working on making it clear that our customers would like Theater Knights III as soon as possible.

A lot has been shuffled around over the last couple months, and we're starting to get it sorted. I hope to be able to give more information soon, but Germany is also focused on prep for Essen and fulfillment of Warring Kingdoms and Torg Eternity right now.

[One additional note for the "All the PDFs backers" - I am going to be a little bit flexible on what counts as being part of 2017. If there's something we announce for a Kickstarter this year, for instance, you'll get those PDFs even if fulfillment happens a little bit into 2018.]

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Eric USNA wrote:
[One additional note for the "All the PDFs backers" - I am going to be a little bit flexible on what counts as being part of 2017. If there's something we announce for a Kickstarter this year, for instance, you'll get those PDFs even if fulfillment happens a little bit into 2018.]

Thumps up for this. :D

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Eric USNA wrote:Here's what I know so far:

Tales of Dragons and Thieves will be going to regular retail fairly soon. (I just sent out the PDFs to the "All the PDFs through 2017" backers.)

The Compendium, Armory, and Hit Point Dice Set are all part of the next Kickstarter, and there may be a couple of other things associated with that, but I can't verify yet.

The Magic book is farther down the production queue, so it should be in the next big wave after that.

Some of the other adventure books are going to be tied to Kickstarters, but some of them may come out separately. In particular, I am working on making it clear that our customers would like Theater Knights III as soon as possible.

A lot has been shuffled around over the last couple months, and we're starting to get it sorted. I hope to be able to give more information soon, but Germany is also focused on prep for Essen and fulfillment of Warring Kingdoms and Torg Eternity right now.

Awesome! Can't wait for the next Kickstarter also, need to collect some things in hardback+physical; hope you give international shipping some better rates. Also maybe try to insert the magic book into this as well, or switch the armory out for the magic book this time around as I really need more spells and tradition styles for my mage? :P

Another thing: Will Pocket editions be part of future Kickstarters, at least for books that are already out (as addons)? And when will the Warring Kingdoms pocket edition come out for general retail? I have the pdf from the Kickstarter but would love to have the pocket edition hardback for easier reading.

Xathos

Postby Xathos » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Need to speed up the releases in the US so we get close to the German releases. I'm translating the German into English because I don't want to wait a year and a half or longer to play the complete (until the next release) version of the game.

Return to “Product Announcements”