marshal kt wrote:I just checked the forum. I see they're all up, but locked.
Am I too soon?
Only the first forum (for official announcements) should be off-limits for new topics. My posts are locked, because they're just informative. You should be able to create new topics in any of the other forums.
Summary of the information provided in Ross' RatCon Seminar:
- 8th Edition background has movement and possibility - Wrath & Glory mirrors this
- Tone will include both the desperate strife and rays of hope from current events - a perfect setting for heroes who can affect the fate of worlds
- Ulisses is working with GW's writers on developing material
- Ulisses wants to go places and develop things not covered before
- Game mechanic is a d6 dice pool, designed to be smooth, fast, action oriented, easy to learn, and not rules intensive
- Game mechanic borrows from TORG Eternity (primary influence), and the feel of Savage Worlds, D&D 5th, and Savage Rifts
- Core book will have: (1) game system; (2) character generation; and (3) general 40K background
- Core book is a basic system that can be applied to a broad variety of campaigns. play styles, etc. - Ulisses will not follow the more narrow-focused books of the past edition
- Character advancement will be open, with the exception of some more restricted iconic abilities
- The system will take diverse power levels into account, and allow play from gritty to epic
- The systems supports a great variety of play styles, from combat to diplomacy to social
- The system will have something like "Fate Points"
- Psychic power system allows channeling variable amounts of power; more power = more dangerous; high risk = high reward
- Ecclesiarchal abilities help resist corruption - priests and Sisters of Battle will have access to these
- Campaign sets will include: (1) Linked adventures like Pathfinder Adventure Paths; (2) Setting detail books; and (3) Character option books
- 1st Campaign will be Imperium Nihilus
- Imperium Nihilus Campaign will focus on the diverse characters of the Imperium that can respond to the crisis, and thus may include very different characters in a ragtag group
- 2nd Campaign will be Eldar (possible name = Doom of the Eldar)
- Other Campaigns may include: Orks, Tau, Necrons
- Adventure concepts they'd like to explore include: visiting the Black Library, hunting fallen Phoenix Lords, speaking with Exodite World Spirits, fighting in the pits of Commorragh, and other big concepts
- There will be a beginner box that supports new players, with pre-gen characters, an adventure, etc.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests